WJC: Hypothetical 2024 Russia WJC roster? *Mod warning post 17*

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
After the tournament is now over I must admit I was wrong and too harsh here, as a lot of issues that I saw in this hypothetical roster were there with the participating teams as well.
100 percent gold contender. This was a slightly weaker tournament than usual to my eye but that US squad was legit as it comes.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
100 percent gold contender. This was a slightly weaker tournament than usual to my eye but that US squad was legit as it comes.
I have been pretty disappointed by the overall defensive component's level at the tournament: US team was competent at it, but everyone else - not so much. I now think that there's no way the combo of Russian Ds + GKs wouldn't be better than most of the teams' in terms of the defensive stuff and even if the offense wouldn't really click there would still be guys like Michkov, Miroshnichenko, But and Kantserov who can generate stuff pretty much out of nothing in terms of the offense.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I have been pretty disappointed by the overall defensive component's level at the tournament: US team was competent at it, but everyone else - not so much. I now think that there's no way the combo of Russian Ds + GKs wouldn't be better than most of the teams' in terms of the defensive stuff and even if the offense wouldn't really click there would still be guys like Michkov, Miroshnichenko, But and Kantserov who can generate stuff pretty much out of nothing in terms of the offense.
Michkov would have had a Bedard like year too... Eg. 25 points or something ridiculous. Kulich won it with 12... That seems very low to me...

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think Russia would've given US a good run for Gold. These two battled it out for the Youth Olympic Games like four years ago with Russia winning, and it's pretty much the same players as then.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Probably the best team in the tournament on paper, doesn't guarantee anything though obviously

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
So, while we're still at it, the early hypothetical one for 2025:

Artamonov-Demidov-Rykov
But-Ilyin-Mukhanov
Chernyshov-Ryabkin-Rimashevskiy
Mikhalyov-Surin-Susuyev
Solovyov/Khanin/Velikov

Simashev-Gulyayev