Confirmed with Link: Hynes gets multi-year extension

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
idk, i'm indifferent on it. aren't really any better options out there who would choose NJ anyways.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
giphy.gif

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I knew he wasn't going anywhere this season my thought was maybe the summer. owners must like the thought of a bottom cap bottom standings team
i would love to know how much the contract is for

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
if the players like him and the devils dont think they can get someone like Quenneville might as well see if he can continue to grow with the team.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
owners don't want to pay top dollar for players they wont pay top dollars for established nhl coaches either

Reactions: Maine Fan

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
His contract was up at the end of the year, so unless Shero wanted to roll through the end of the year with coaching speculation, then look for a new coach this off season, this was the thing to do. And imo last season meant he was not going to get fired this year.

Reactions: My3Sons

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
1. You have to replace him with someone better

2. I think players really like him

3. I think the record is more indicative of talent assembled than coaching. Falls on Shero

4. Stability matters. Changing coaches like a merry-go-round is a bad way to run an org.

I’m not necessarily going to dispute the first three because to a degree they’re all debatable but stability only matters if the people you retain are worth keeping. Stability was the Browns excuse for not firing Hue Jackson off of 1-31 and it likely cost them a playoff spot this year.

I haven’t been as anti Hynes as many here this year but I don’t know how anyone can look at games like last night and think we’re running any kind of system at all, much less a good system.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Ohhh man as soon as I saw this i just knew this place was going to go into a frenzy, I'm excited to see where this goes.

I'm pretty okay with this. There are things I dislike about Hynes and his system but that's going to be pretty much every coach. The team took a step back this year mostly off of the back of poor goaltending and defensemen being asked to play over their heads.

Reactions: liquid1988

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad