Post-Game Talk: Hymanator shoots down the Jets

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
My wife had a healthy infatuation with Taylor Hall. It got distracting when she wore it to bed...

ok this time I am joking. About the bed wear, not the infatuation. lol

Its cool though I get to watch artists like this with no grief.

Paige Spirinac plays golf and sings?!! What a multi talent ;).

When I worked in Edm, I was out walking one noon hour and I’m over by the alternate high school near the Boardwalk where Bones/Old Spaghetti was - 102 Ave by Eaton Centre - and this truck pulls up and attempted to parallel park 3x each time unsuccessfully , finally just leaves the one tire up on the curb all misaligned and the driver hopes out of his F150. Yep, our Taylor…didn’t stuff the meter neither. I’m sure EPS never chased those tickets.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

When I worked in Edm, I was out walking one noon hour and I’m over by the alternate high school near the Boardwalk where Bones/Old Spaghetti was - 102 Ave by Eaton Centre - and this truck pulls up and attempted to parallel park 3x each time unsuccessfully , finally just leaves the one tire up on the curb all misaligned and the driver hopes out of his F150. Yep, our Taylor…didn’t stuff the meter neither. I’m sure EPS never chased those tickets.
I didn't know she golfed...

jk

Is this the mature hour here? I'm reading the recent Geezer Butler book Into the Void chronicling his life, and life with Black Sabbath. Not sure why this triggered but just read the passage today. Guys are in a boring hotel room in a boring US city. Girl bangs on door (they figured it was police or noise complaints like usual or somebody upset they chucked a TV out the window. Anyhoo the GF asks for autographs for her BF who is downstairs and not allowed in the hotel because he's banned from the hotel. lol. So next thing she takes off her clothes and introduces herself on the bed to the band (not getting into particulars) Then the older roadie comes in and as Geezer put it. "Takes his tackle out" and she get up, puts on clothes and says "What kind of woman do you think I am. " while leaving without the autographs.

Funny thing about the book is in a forward Geezer said he had to leave out all the worst stuff that was deemed not fit to print to a present day audience. I want the unedited version. lol

ps Geezer confirms that spinal tap was all about them. Another hilarious thing is some hotel managers describing Black Sabbath as one of the more behaved groups on tour. Dropping molotov cocktails on parked cars from hotel rooms not withstanding.

About the drummer in Spinal Tap spontaneously combusting its because Tony Iommi in drug induced stupors(like all the time) used to set Bill ward on fire. With butane. Mostly his hair... He'd ask "Bill, when can I set you on fire today? Bill: I'm busy now how about later"....These guys were all certifiable. Ozzy and Geezer were the saner ones in the bunch.

Last edited:
Reactions: brentashton

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I didn't know she golfed...

jk

Is this the mature hour here? I'm reading the recent Geezer Butler book Into the Void chronicling his life, and life with Black Sabbath. Not sure why this triggered but just read the passage today. Guys are in a boring hotel room in a boring US city. Girl bangs on door (they figured it was police or noise complaints like usual or somebody upset they chucked a TV out the window. Anyhoo the GF asks for autographs for her BF who is downstairs and not allowed in the hotel because he's banned from the hotel. lol. So next thing she takes off here clothes and introduces herself on the bed to the band (not getting into particulars) Then the older roadie comes in and as Geezer put it. "Takes his tackle out" and she get up, puts on clothes and says "What kind of woman do you think I am. " while leaving without the autographs.

Funny thing about the book is in a forward Geezer said he had to leave out all the worst stuff that was deemed not fit to print to a present day audience. I want the unedited version. lol

ps Geezer confirms that spinal tap was all about them. Another hilarious thing is some hotel managers describing Black Sabbath as one of the more behaved groups on tour. Dropping molotov cocktails on parked cars from hotel rooms not withstanding.

About the drummer in Spinal Tap spontaneously combusting its because Tony Iommi in drug induced stupors used to set Bill ward on fire. With butane. Mostly his hair... He'd ask "Bill, when can I set you on fire today? Bill: I'm busy now how about later"....These guys were all certifiable. Ozzy and Geezer were the saner ones in the bunch.
I’m going to have to look that book up. Sounds like a fun read.

On a somewhat similar track, I always laugh at the stories of Motley Crüe getting kicked out of the Sheraton Edmonton for tossing TVs on their first tour that started in good ol’ Edmonton. The company I worked for, we always were booked into that same hotel when we came to town for meetings. I practically lived there some years. In the early to mid 80s, getting to the hotel though from the parking lot (across from Chez Louis) you had to dodge the many working ladies that were in front of that particular hotel. There were no rock stars staying there then.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

TB12

Apr 5, 2015

One of my buddies who played for the Oil got a loaner car from a dealer in town for the year through a dealer sponsorship. They called him like 2 months into the season with almost $5000 in photo radar. They told him they'd pay those but that was it and the rest of the year was on him haha

Reactions: bellagiobob

ManOfSteelI

Nov 5, 2018
There is no question that Vegas has had success since coming into the League and they did win it all so you have to give them credit for that accomplishment. But what I find harder to accept is that there success is all about being smarter than everyone else and always making the right move. frankly I think their success has been a combination of many factors including a very favorable set of rules from and after expansion, being a highly desirable place to place and to their credit a very aggressive management team that has both hits and misses.

Looking at your bolded statement the first thing I would note is that after decreasing their GA by 19 they are now back to virtually the same GA rate as they were the in 2021-22. So if the reason for their success was truly elite coaching, system play and a big high quality blueline one would expect that they should be leading the division rather than having recently been at risk of missing the playoffs again. The coaches and system are the same this year as they were last year. So is the defense. And yes I know that they have had injuries.

I actually question how well they played defensively even in the last playoff year. I did not see an elite team at all. No doubt Hill stood on his head but in reality would they have beaten the Oilers if Brossoit had been the goalie. It's not like they dominated the series. The Oilers for example drove AP crazy. Their teams in 2019-20 and 2020-21 were definitely better defensively. Their SA/gm, GA/gm and pk% were definitely not at the same level as those years where they played a very tight game.

I still say that Vegas won last year because of goaltending and because they converted a very high number of their opportunities.
Totally agree.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Andrew Berskshire, I guess he’s a journalist of some type, tweeted that the only reason Hyman is the kind of player he is, is the result of his very privileged socio economic upbringing, ignoring in totality his character, inner drive and passion, not to mention his strong work ethic on the ice and away from the rink. I guess he comes from the Spector School of Minimizing Accomplishments Journalism School.

Edit: here’s the post for those interested in listening.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In media, we have a responsibility to tell stories, but too often they’re just not honest. The narrative around Zach Hyman’s first 50-goal season for example, erases the real reason it was possible. It wasn’t just hard work. Follow me on tiktok and instagram, for more. <a href="https://t.co/LrAxmRiB03">pic.twitter.com/LrAxmRiB03</a></p>&mdash; Andrew Berkshire (@AndrewBerkshire) <a href="">March 26, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The guy needs to pick his parents better.

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
So that explains why Artemi Panarin only has 43 goals this year. His parents were so dirt poor his dad had to fish skates out of the trash for his son, and they were so big little Artemi had to wear his shoes inside his skates

Reactions: MessierII

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
The internet is a cesspool and an absolute wasteland of humanity.

BUT it has been fun to see pretty much the entire internet community (Bloods, Crips, Flames fans) come together to thoroughly and sufficiently dunk on that sad sack of human excrement that is Andrew Berkshire.

May your name forever be mud you absolute bellend.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad