Injury Report: Hyman knee-on-knee (Update May 10: Back at practice)

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Hyman took a nasty looking knee from Edler, so far hasn’t returned:

Same knee he had surgically repaired in 2019:

Fingers crossed - knee injuries are weird, he might be OK. But didn’t look good.

Update: via @crump , hopefully not a tear

"The good news is, Dreger says that early reports are that it’s not as bad as it might have appeared. While the injury looked severe on Sunday and that Hyman was in clear pain, it sounds like things could have been much worse and that a tear isn’t believed to have occurred."

(Caveat: It's Dreger)

Update 2: via @Jimmy Firecracker , sprained MCL, out a minimum of 2 weeks. Phew!! Could have been much worse. Hopefully he’s fully recovered by the start of the playoffs!

Last edited:

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Luckily his leg was in the air and not planted. It almost looked a bit like a Charlie horse to me rather than a full knee tweak. I’d expect nothing long term here and I should know: I’m a doctor of mixology

Reactions: Brown Dog

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I hope nothing is torn or ripped. Bone.

Hyman is maybe our most important player. One of the biggest thugs and key players for surely sire :clap: He loves the gezame, hard.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Hope he's okay. Bieksa seems to think he'll be back sooner than later.

Heal up Hyman, you're our warrior. Going nowhere without you if we're being honest.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Man I just hope he can be back in time for the playoffs

No rush to play any regular season games. He can sit out the rest of the season if needed.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Man I just hope he can be back in time for the playoffs

No rush to play any regular season games. He can sit out the rest of the season if needed.
Same - hopefully it’s soft tissue, not a ligament tear. If it’s a ligament tear, his season’s over, but it very well might not be.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Hyman took a nasty looking knee from Edler, so far hasn’t returned:

Same knee he had surgically repaired in 2019:

Fingers crossed - knee injuries are weird, he might be OK. But didn’t look good.

The only positive I saw was that he limped off on his own volition.

Hopefully he lunged forward with his body to shift the full brunt of the impact.

If he is out for a length of time, Leafs are in tough obviously.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Hopefully it's nothing serious. If he loses his speed and strength on his skates that's going to hurt his game massively. Wonder if this plays into his contract at all.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Confirmed Hyman won’t return tonight.

@LeafsPR

Zach Hyman (knee) will not return tonight vs Vancouver

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Hopefully it's nothing too serious. God knows when the playoffs actually will begin so he has plenty of time to recover. I wouldn't panic just yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad