Confirmed with Link: Hurricanes re-sign C Greg McKegg (1 yr/715K)

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I'm rooting hard for Greg McKegg based almost entirely on the fact that his name is Greg McKegg. Dude had 23 points in 19 games for the checkers and is only 26- he may end up being a solid bottom 6 player. And the best part is his name is Greg McKegg

He has career AHLer written all over him, but I agree, love the name. Hope he can eventually take that next step.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I'm rooting hard for Greg McKegg based almost entirely on the fact that his name is Greg McKegg. Dude had 23 points in 19 games for the checkers and is only 26- he may end up being a solid bottom 6 player. And the best part is his name is Greg McKegg

Only 26? 26 is extremely late for a hockey player to take their game up a level. That's generally considered a player's prime- what you see is what you get. He'll likely get a few games here or there in the NHL, but he strikes me as one of those guys who makes a pretty decent living just playing at a high level in the AHL for a long time. Ain't nothin' wrong with that, either. I'd love to make money playing hockey for a decade. You may not get stupidly rich at that level, but hey, it's pretty damn good pay for playing a game. Last season he made $250k in the AHL.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Only 26? 26 is extremely late for a hockey player to take their game up a level. That's generally considered a player's prime- what you see is what you get. He'll likely get a few games here or there in the NHL, but he strikes me as one of those guys who makes a pretty decent living just playing at a high level in the AHL for a long time. Ain't nothin' wrong with that, either. I'd love to make money playing hockey for a decade. You may not get stupidly rich at that level, but hey, it's pretty damn good pay for playing a game. Last season he made $250k in the AHL.

Derek Ryan says helloooo

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath

I wasn't suggesting he has some vast untapped potential, just that he shouldn't be declining too soon. He may never become a regular, but we could do worse for spot duty on the 4th line- and have done so frequently over the last decade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad