OT: Hurricanes Lounge XIX: Turkey appreciation and Black Friday depreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
LOL Packer fans are calling for McCarthys firing. I swear NFL fans have the biggest case of the What-have-you-done-for-me-latelys.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Green Bay is not a good team. They are a bad team with the best qb in the nfl. That will win you games, but will only take you so far.

Also, I'd like to point out that the Colts are f***ing terrible. And I love it.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
LOL Packer fans are calling for McCarthys firing. I swear NFL fans have the biggest case of the What-have-you-done-for-me-latelys.

I would call the Packers my 2nd favorite team behind the Cowboys. I've been watching McCarthy mess up games for years now. I'm not necessarily sure he "deserves" to be fired, but you've got basically the best collection of offensive talent in the league and can't figure out the red zone. To me, he's always been WAY too quick and emotional about going for it on 4th and goal situations - so in that sense, I totally agreed with his call of kicking two field goals today. In a low scoring game I would always take the points.

However, what I thought he totally botched today was the plays they ran in the 4th quarter. Three and out on three straight series pm simply trying to kill the clock. It didn't look like they were even trying to get first downs. Simple running plays that were stuffed with ease. That to me, more than anything, was where the coaching erred.

That, and the most ridiculous sequence of plays I've ever seen in a comeback, short of Boise St. in the '06 Fiesta Bowl.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Green Bay is not a good team. They are a bad team with the best qb in the nfl. That will win you games, but will only take you so far.

Also, I'd like to point out that the Colts are f***ing terrible. And I love it.

I'd like your definition of a "good team" - as far as I can tell from your posts in the last few weeks, there are maybe two in the entire league.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I'd like your definition of a "good team" - as far as I can tell from your posts in the last few weeks, there are maybe two in the entire league.

Well Bama's not in the NFL, otherwise there would be 3.

:sarcasm:, although I'm not sure with CI sometimes.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB

Aside from wr, mlb and *maybe* hb, the Packers are below average at nearly every position. Go look at their numbers. Rodgers masks a lot of problems they have.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Aside from wr, mlb and *maybe* hb, the Packers are below average at nearly every position. Go look at their numbers. Rodgers masks a lot of problems they have.

I think their secondary, off the top of my head, is *ok*/average. I mean, you look at the Cowboys. Offensively elite, defensively inept. No above average players on defense. But they were 12-4 and unbeaten on the road. That is a good team, in spite of one side of the ball being extremely below average.

QB masks a lot, you are correct. But that is winning football with the "new rules." QB play trumps all, unless you're the Seahawks (who have an elite QB anyway) or maybe Cardinals and your defense can win you the game.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
In terms of yards per play, the Cowboys defense this year was nearly identical to last year. The reason for their defensive "improvement" was DeMarco Murray running the ball 30-35 times a game. Their time of possession this year was ridiculous.

Anyway, tonite I shall dine on soup made from the tears of Jim Irsay.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Look at it this way. There're people on the football board actually trying to make the argument that the reason the Packers lost is because John Kuhn didn't get enough touches in the red zone. Stop and think about that for a second. If they lost the game is because their full back didn't get enough touches, they might wanna reassess the personnel on their roster.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Well...they are idiots.

The reason they lost is, they went three and out three times in a row on uber-conservative play calls, the guy who INT'd just went straight to the ground for some reason, the "hands team" was actually the "ball hit me in head team", and your Alabama boy Ha Ha Clinton-Dix made the absolute worst play on a rainbowed pass I've ever seen and Seattle got the two point conversion.

It's not John Kuhn getting touches! Lol. I think you know that, though.

Do you not like Eddie Lacy as RB? He's pretty damn good...

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Haha also had two picks. I'll take that trade any day.

Lacy is good, but he's borderline injury prone at this point and he's so fat, he makes Wisconsin's kicker look like Steve Weatherford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad