Confirmed with Link: Hurricanes extend PNC Arena lease for 20 years, Govt allocates $300m to arena renovation, Gale Force at least $800m to land development of the complex

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Huge news. Pretty much guarantees the Canes will stay in Raleigh until all of us old folks die. Heck, my baby who is currently *in the womb* will retire before the Canes could re-locate.

It's more than huge news. It's like bigger than signing Aho and Brind'Amour and all that. It's probably the best news for the team since Dundon took over, and even that wasn't clearly good news at the time.

Let me also get out and say that I 100% reserve the right to bitch and moan about parking prices, game prices, and these new gen alphas who listen to their crappy hip hop and don't understand the sport of hockey. Even if while admitting this is still great news.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Sounds great, I'm happy for you all.

Are they finally going to make toilets with rink view? You know, Pee N C arena.

Yes, I hate myself for that (too).

They'll be right next to our new luxury boxes:

spectators-watch-the-liiga-ice-hockey-match-from-a-sauna-on-january-13-2009-at-the-hartwall.jpg

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Given that it is butts in seats that fund that league, I think both Charlotte and Raleigh can support a team just fine.
honestly MLS just needs to go full f***ing "yolo", go to 40 and implement pro-rel with plans to allow for USL clubs to be able to "buy-in" if they are one of the top 2 teams in that league eventually building a full pro-rel structure in the US system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad