GDT: Hurricanes @ Devils - 3:00 PM - MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What annoys me more than actually playing Blackwood is there’s clearly an organizational double standard with both guys. When Blackwood won three in a row he played until he lost, when Vanecek won three in a row he sat the next two until guess who got hurt
#MakingBlackwoodHappen

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I know

They were gonna play him in anyway on Wednesday or possibly Thursday.

This better be the last one if he shits his pants again and I hope he gets booed and I hope there's a Schmid chant or a Vitek chant or Fire Blackwood chant.

f*** this guy so much.

We have a chance to win 2 in a row and we play him? For no reason other than he's a goalie on our roster?

The Blackwood experiment can't end soon enough.

I'm rooting for a win like always, but if we lose I'm rooting for a BIG f***ING LOSS AND THE END OF THE BLACKWOOD ERA. I still think one more stinker (unless he has some good games in between) could be the end.

I want it to get really ugly with the fans too. Boo this guy as much as you can, let f***in management know you want him the f*** out. Just like the Fire Lindy chant during the home opener.
And the boos early in the Anaheim game we came back to win.

RAISE YOU f***IN VOICE!

@Its Always Sundstrom I swear I didn't do this on purpose, but I had to link the song after saying this lol. I really don't like this album either.

You should talk to that guy who tried to tell me last night that Blackwood is really a .920 goalie and not an .850 goalie. He was pretty convincing.

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Blackwood experiment will be the reason we miss the playoffs if we do. Especially if it's just by a few points.

He's punted a few of these already and I don't even think he's started 10 games yet?

Reactions: My3Sons

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I’d love Ruff to be asked about this after the game. No logical reason for starting Mac. My excitement for this game has just dropped by 50%.

Watch him have the game of his life so he gets the majority of the starts in the next 2 weeks.

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
Why in the world is Blackwood in the nets for this crucial statement game?! WTF is this organization’s obsession with this guy!!!!??? The newer regime has no ties to him. He wasn’t a Castron draft pick. This sucks!!

I’d love Ruff to be asked about this after the game. No logical reason for starting Mac. My excitement for this game has just dropped by 50%.

Watch him have the game of his life so he gets the majority of the starts in the next 2 weeks.
THIS!! I feel exactly the same way.

• Love

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If he plays like shit again today then this would literally be his third straight home stinker.

You would like thing there would be a huge rebellion at that point.

What I don't understand, is Blackwood getting the start because the win bought Lindy breathing room and cooled his seat down?

Or does he legit think Blackwood is better than he is? His last presser certainly didn't seem to indicate such.

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
Stunned to hear Graves is back. It looked like a BAD knee injury and he was supposedly week to week. I had zero expectation he’d be back this soon. Great news.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
It’s not like Blackwood has ti y things in his game to “iron out “ . He is fundamentally flawed . He can’t track and read the play correctly . He doesn’t get set soon enough , he camt track pucks and see around screens properly , he isn’t square to the shooter all the time .. He simply is just not good enough right now. Maybe he gets all that shit figured out one day but that’s not todsy nor any time soon at all.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If he plays like shit again today then this would literally be his third straight home stinker.

You would like thing there would be a huge rebellion at that point.

What I don't understand, is Blackwood getting the start because the win bought Lindy breathing room and cooled his seat down?

Or does he legit think Blackwood is better than he is? His last presser certainly didn't seem to indicate such.
I think much like Cory-Marty, the goaltending decisions look like they’re above the head coach’s pay grade, doubly so with a lame duck head coach.

• Wow

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
I usually don't care about giving Blackwood starts, but Vanecek has been decent his last few outings. Don't get going back to him now.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
It’s not like Blackwood has ti y things in his game to “iron out “ . He is fundamentally flawed . He can’t track and read the play correctly . He doesn’t get set soon enough , he camt track pucks and see around screens properly , he isn’t square to the shooter all the time .. He simply is just not good enough right now. Maybe he gets all that shit figured out one day but that’s not todsy nor any time soon at all. You can see it plain as day . He gives up huge parts of the net to shoot at due to him not eig able to read or anticipate plays and he loses his net. Then he sits even further back i. The net , almost on the frickin goal line so he can try to not lose his net and angles or ?? I don’t know why the F ack he plays so deep .

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
You’d think the guys in the room would be let down somewhat too when they know Blackwood is starting . Sucks that they start him at home too where our record is crap at home . Maybe they think this is a sacrificial game and save VV for ones more winnable ? If so , that’s a loser mentality . I can’t see them think that .

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is the Marty/Cory year 2.0

Only Cory was significantly than Vitek and guess what else?

Brodeur's 41 year old skeleton was also SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER than 26 year old Blackwood.

That's a fact Jack,,,,, Or Lindy......Or Tom.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

Yeah, that’s what particularly awful about him getting the start here. He’s either going to stink again or he’ll have a random good game that buys him more starts which will lead to even MORE stinkers.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
You too VV no turds please. LFGD!
maxresdefault.jpg

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
You’d think the guys in the room would be let down somewhat too when they know Blackwood is starting . Sucks that they start him at home too where our record is crap at home . Maybe they think this is a sacrificial game and save VV for ones more winnable ? If so , that’s a loser mentality . I can’t see them think that .

The players upset at Ruff for starting Blackwood

im-tired.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad