Post-Game Talk: Hurricanes at Wings

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
If we're going to be a playoff team, we're going to have to learn to generate more chances in games like that. We have the players to score dirty goals in the blue paint, but no one seems to be going there.

Would be nice to have a line like

Bertuzzi - Larkin Vrana/Fabbri.

Without Larkin, the roster on-ice value is 45M.

Hmm... sucks.

Maybe they should be sellers and tank at this point. They've looked terrible the last few games. Really since the third period of the Lighting game.

It's quita a coincidence, than they have looked terrible on the day 1 since Määttä got an illness and is missing.

Defence turns to be crap without him. Everything looks like last season.

Reactions: Snuggs

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
1-0 loss is hardly on the defense.

The offense is starting to feel the absence of Bert, Vrana and Fabbri. Losing Larks is obviously another huge blow.

It is all defence, when they can exit the zone without grenades in hand.

Everything will start from the 1st pass and easy zone exit. The basics of all offence.

Finishing plays in the O-zone is another story, without those missing talent guys. But, you need also that defence to work, to get in the O-zone.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Sounds like I missed a real snoozer.

Rod Brind'Amour? More like Brinda-Bore, amirite?

We created exactly one chance. It was Perron in front of the net and Burns stopped him by taking a penalty and maybe saving the goal. Apart from that, nothing at all. Extremely boring game.
Would be nice to have a line like

Bertuzzi - Larkin Vrana/Fabbri.

Without Larkin, the roster on-ice value is 45M.

It's quita a coincidence, than they have looked terrible on the day 1 since Määttä got an illness and is missing.

Defence turns to be crap without him. Everything looks like last season.
Defence has been okay, it is offense not creating chances.
Larkin and Perron create a little bit. Kubalik and Raymond nothing at all. Those 2 have 2 PP goals in like 25ish games. That's on pace for 8 goals the whole season from top wingers.
And tonight 3 PP plus pulled goalie, not a single chance.
It is offense.

5 points in 4 road games, 1 point in 4 home ones.

This was a scheduled loss. And we play already tonight on the road. Does not look good.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
It is all defence, when they can exit the zone without grenades in hand.

Everything will start from the 1st pass and easy zone exit. The basics of all offence.

Finishing plays in the O-zone is another story, without those missing talent guys. But, you need also that defence to work, to get in the O-zone.
The Wings weren't doing that when Maatta was playing either.

Maybe we can all pool our money and buy the boys some gloves with padding.
That's what I really don't get. Gloves that fat and there is nothing actually protecting the hands?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
I can't even believe how bad Copp was in this game. I could've been out there in his spot.

He must have been given one of Boyd Devereaux’s old surplus sticks. I can’t count the number of times he flubbed a pass or mishandled the puck at a key moment in the offensive zone.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I don't think it was a hand pass by Veleno with 1 min to go.
It was. He swung for it, but the way it bounced it rolled in the direction he was swinging anyway. The other angle they showed his stick was like a foot from hitting it.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
He must have been given one of Boyd Devereaux’s old surplus sticks. I can’t count the number of times he flubbed a pass or mishandled the puck at a key moment in the offensive zone.
It wasn't just Copp, both teams were bobbling pucks. I wonder if the ice was bad.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Maybe we can all pool our money and buy the boys some gloves with padding.
Seriously.

I didn't see Larkin's injury but does this team actually need to practice shot blocking fundamentals? Like don't have your hands open?

I think Bertuzzi's latest injury he actually had his hands on his stick, but Seider is constantly trying to play goal. Glove open to the shooter, turning his knee out like he's going to make a kick save. It's a recipe for screening your goalie, making a deflection that leads to a goal, and exposing yourself to injury.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
0-2 in those stupid jerseys.

The ice at LCA has been reportedly pretty bad. The JLA always had some of the best ice in the league. It's like they fired the guy who took care of the ice at JLA for pissing in a drain or something stupid like that.

The ice has been bad since moving to LCA. That's a very unfortunate consequence of having a shared-use building.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Seriously.

I didn't see Larkin's injury but does this team actually need to practice shot blocking fundamentals? Like don't have your hands open?

I think Bertuzzi's latest injury he actually had his hands on his stick, but Seider is constantly trying to play goal. Glove open to the shooter, turning his knee out like he's going to make a kick save. It's a recipe for screening your goalie, making a deflection that leads to a goal, and exposing yourself to injury.
Larkin tried to essentially crosscheck the puck. Looked like it hit the side or base of his right index finger.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Sounds like I missed a real snoozer.

Rod Brind'Amour? More like Brinda-Bore, amirite?

Wtf. I didn't watch the game because I decided to start watching this show instead. I was probably watching this scene around the time you posted this gif. Were you in my house?

• Haha
Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Wtf. I didn't watch the game because I decided to start watching this show instead. I was probably watching this scene around the time you posted this gif. Were you in my house?
Inside you're house? No don't be ridiculous.

Looking through a window?

Maybe

(that's for when you get to season 2)

Reactions: izlez

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
It was. He swung for it, but the way it bounced it rolled in the direction he was swinging anyway. The other angle they showed his stick was like a foot from hitting it.

The last thing it touched was Veleno's hand before going to his teammate. That's illegal.
I thought it touched his stick before it hit the ice.

Nevertheless it should not be hand pass as he knocked the puck down between his legs and intended to play it himself, but his teammate was faster.
The rule should be changed

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I thought it touched his stick before it hit the ice.

Nevertheless it should not be hand pass as he knocked the puck down between his legs and intended to play it himself, but his teammate was faster.
The rule should be changed
You want to give refs discretion to guess at players intentions? Eww no thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad