Post-Game Talk: Hurricanes at Wings

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I posted it after watching Jaccob Slavin deke Walman (I think) out of his skates and get a great scoring chance. And I'm pretty sure he's on their second pairing. Playing teams that get contributions from all 6 of their defensemen while we're icing f***ing Oesterle burns.
Guy plays 23 mins a night.

Tough game.

This is why you wait til AFTER the game to do your First Goal for next game entry....

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Raymond wasn't on the ice with the goalie pulled down by a goal in a game where Bertuzzi, Larkin, Vrana and Fabbri are injured.

Shows you the confidence Lalonde has in Raymond at the moment.

Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
A whole ton of offense missing from the lineup today.

Boring but could have been much worse

Reactions: 14ari13

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
If we're going to be a playoff team, we're going to have to learn to generate more chances in games like that. We have the players to score dirty goals in the blue paint, but no one seems to be going there.

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
Lots of teams catching up to the Wings in the standings now that the schedule has gotten much tougher than earlier in the year

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
If we're going to be a playoff team, we're going to have to learn to generate more chances in games like that. We have the players to score dirty goals in the blue paint, but no one seems to be going there.

Team has to learn to shoot the puck more, which they were doing a lot of early in the season. They got some success and all of a sudden think they can be fancy. There is times for it, but in a game like this where Carolina is trapping hard and playing great D, shooting the puck is way more effective. Even getting a weak shot and getting new lines, offensive faceoff is better than working the puck around 4-5 passes and gaining no shot and loss of puck. Mick was muttering under his breath all night, " shoootttt the puck "

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Raymond wasn't on the ice with the goalie pulled down by a goal in a game where Bertuzzi, Larkin, Vrana and Fabbri are injured.

Raymond isn’t the best winger on Detroit this year like he was in his rookie season.

A whole ton of offense missing from the lineup today.

Boring but could have been much worse

Yeah, tough game to watch. Husso was great. Whenever you lose 1-0 you can’t blame the goalie.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Hmm... sucks.

Maybe they should be sellers and tank at this point. They've looked terrible the last few games. Really since the third period of the Lighting game.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Hmm... sucks.

Maybe they should be sellers and tank at this point. They've looked terrible the last few games. Really since the third period of the Lighting game.

So rather than urge the team to learn how to break this cold streak after losing a super tight game to one of the best hockey teams in the world over the last 3 seasons, you want to bust up the team? That’s a loser mentality.

giphy.gif

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
If Larkin is out long term, game over. Will be very hard for this team to compete in the loaded east without him.

Also Yzerman will get a very hard look at the future of this team without him and it should worry him that he could end up UFA. Can't screw this one up.

Reactions: stillwater

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Well, sounds like I picked a good one to miss. But if they're here in MN tomorrow then I think it'll be blacked out for me. Poo. Missing 2 in a row.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
They’re not making the playoffs with so many key forwards injured. They finally defend well and lay an egg offensively tonight. They’re on the verge of a losing stretch I’m afraid.

Reactions: Snuggs

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019

Eh what are you talking about? He was on the ice with the goalie pulled.

At 6-on-5 they have been alternating PP1 + 1 and PP2 + 1 the entire season.

No difference today, at about 2.40 left they pulled the goalie, PP1 was on the ice. At about 1.50 left PP2 (including Raymond) was on the ice, with about 1 minute left PP1 is on the ice again.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Perron, Bertuzzi, Kubalik, Maata could all fetch a good return.

Horvat trade is out the window.

I was in the waive Neds camp... but honstly might as well keep Neds around just so we can really get back into the Connor Bedard/ Fantilli sweep-stakes!

Reactions: lilidk

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I am no longer care about wins, just I like to see kids progress in the right direction and get lucky at the draft. Hope to see better team next season

Reactions: evolutionbaby

Steve91

Oct 8, 2017
I can't even believe how bad Copp was in this game. I could've been out there in his spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad