Post-Game Talk: Hurricanes at Rangers - December 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Your point is?
I mean sure Hall has been better to date, and as 1OA he should be.
But we are starting to see truly awesome dominance factor from CK, who has yet to peak.

yeah, them too along with the rest of us --- those to whom this applies, you know who you are

have to think Gorton was the rock here, and Slats at times went back and forth - like Steinbrenner almost trading Jeter/Rivera way back when

wow it is really hard for you to show the proverbial love...

setting aside "literally" there is a fine line between insanity and....

you call it bragging
I call it appreciating that mgmt listened to me and others and wasn't stupid in moving him
as to the 1g in 16 games, he is the ONLY physical presence at this level on the club; if he needs a few games to recover from neck/back spasms, he has my blessing.

to know me is to....
... well it is at least not to hate me:laugh:
Kreider has been dominant in the last 16 games?

Glass used to get 1 goal in 16 games and was physical.

You disappeared and then reappeared when Kreider netted two. Your posting about Kreider is as inconsistent as Kreider.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Despite playing like hot ass for the past 2 weeks we are somehow tied for 1st in the NHL with the blackhawks.
Scoring 17,000 goals in the first ~15-20 games and other teams having games in hand. Still have a comfortable 12 goal lead over the Flyers. Just...so many goals. :laugh:

Despite cooling off, the Rangers Last 10 (5-4-1) is still 4th in the East. Columbus has been on fire. They're 3 points behind the Rangers with 3 games in hand. Didn't see that coming.

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
just watching the highlights, I cant be the only one thinking John Giannone is such an awful commentator
I wish they would dump John Giannone as play by play announcer and move Kenny Albert (when he's not also doing football games) or have Joe Tolleson (Ranger's PA announcer) call the games on MSG. Would be a massive improvement to have either of those two call the game over Giannone.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Your point is?
you call it bragging
I call it appreciating that mgmt listened to me and others and wasn't stupid in moving him
as to the 1g in 16 games, he is the ONLY physical presence at this level on the club; if he needs a few games to recover from neck/back spasms, he has my blessing.

No one listened to you. You're a guy on a message board.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
bern, the funny thing is that the guy you put in every trade proposal had a better game than Kreider but you don't mention it, I wonder why.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
It looks like offside for sure.
AV interview was entertaining - better mood after a win with no candy, hehe.
AV reading this forum? :)

At an angle, yes. But that angle didn't show if the skate was still touching the ice. The blue-line camera (To which only the NHL has access) couldn't even determine whether he was offside or not. 50/50 calls should always go to the offense, in my opinion

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Horrendous 40. Fantastic 20. So it goes.

Hopefully they can actually carry what the did in the 3rd to the next game.

I actually dont mind that we're not playing a full 60, but still manage to win. C'mon its only december, lots of time to "perfect" their game. As long as we get the 2.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
At an angle, yes. But that angle didn't show if the skate was still touching the ice. The blue-line camera (To which only the NHL has access) couldn't even determine whether he was offside or not. 50/50 calls should always go to the offense, in my opinion

Yeah it`s so close - I think u are accurate. I can`t say for certain. :)
It remind me of last season though - we had so many games when we barely played quality hockey for like 20 or 40 min, and we seldom had a good 60 min. effort game.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Yeah it`s so close - I think u are accurate. I can`t say for certain. :)
It remind me of last season though - we had so many games when we barely played quality hockey for like 20 or 40 min, and we seldom had a good 60 min. effort game.

I think the "60 min. effort" narrative is BS. Sometimes I feel fans forget we are playing against other teams with actual world-class players. This is not FIFA 17 on the Playstation where the CPU team sucks.

That Carolina team is tough to beat. They have a strong forecheck. Buffalo, even though they are not great this season, are good enough to beat anyone. No team is going to win 82 games and no team is going to look like they have the upper-hand for the full 60 minutes, in any game

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
just watching the highlights, I cant be the only one thinking John Giannone is such an awful commentator

omg! You're not! He does do a good job with his analysis (with I'm sure, some help from writers) after the game. I dont EVER wish to gear him actually doing a game. Ugggh, freaking uggggh!

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Your point is?
I mean sure Hall has been better to date, and as 1OA he should be.
But we are starting to see truly awesome dominance factor from CK, who has yet to peak.

Kreider is 25. If he isn't at his peak, he is near close. It is the mystery boat scenario. You wouldn't trade a 40 point guy for an 80 point guy because in your eyes, Kreider could become an 85 point guy. It is bad logic. Really bad.

The only full game I have seen in the past two weeks has been the Philly game and I was at a bar so my memory is a bit hazy. With that being said, there are definitely some really worrying signs regarding this team.

I am not concerned though because we know that Gorton is actively working to acquire a RH defenseman to help fix the problem. I would rather him be patient. We are winning. We can afford to be. Bring back Zibby and Buch and things will be gravy.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
omg! You're not! He does do a good job with his analysis (with I'm sure, some help from writers) after the game. I dont EVER wish to gear him actually doing a game. Ugggh, freaking uggggh!

He is by far the absolute worse in the NHL . Surely MSG network can improve this somehow....?

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Yeah. They need to schedule Kenny Albert before he fills his schedule up with other events.

Ahh screw it, let's just get Kenny's Pops...Marv back. Ahhh...the memories...:nod:

On another note, if anyone is not old enough to have lived thru the 80's when Jim Gordon was our PBP guy and Bill Chadwick "The Big Whistle" was our color commentator, do yourselves a favor and go to Youtube at your next free moment and type in simply "Jim Gordon and Bill Chadwick" and a treasure chest of beauts will come up. They were tremendous together. They had a great chemistry as good as Sam and JD did.

If you do go to youtube, the one where the Rangers and Kings back in '81 got into a bench clearing brawl is one of my faves. Anyways, trust me you won't be wasting your time.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I am a little worried about the team's lack of stability and comfort in its identity. After a great start we had a rougher stretch. Something that everyone knew was coming sooner or later. And to be honest, we still played some great games mixed in with some pretty frustrating losses that we didn't deserve. And the odd really poor loss. Instantly we start to loose our footing and question our game-plan. What we saw during the first two periods last night was pretty obvious proof of where that will take us.. Like during the first we didn't even try to play hockey, it looked like we tried to copy Calgary anno 2003. Just chip the puck out and dump and chase. WTF? That style will -- never -- work in today's game. AV is a veteran coach, but to be honest I am pretty disappointed that he this fast is prepared to abandon his game plan and style just because we face a little adversity? Unless AV and co settle down and start bringing this team in the right direction again -- be prepared to see a lot more 3 shot periods. We got a fair share of them under Torts, and more will come if we think we can grind our way to pts without taking any risks in the NHL 2016...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad