Prospect Info: Hunter Brzustewicz

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I think Brzy deserves his own discussion thread. Here's a great article pointing out the positives and negatives of his play.

F9y4NbzWUAAgkt8.jpg

Reactions: Mitts

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
So much Brouhaha regarding Brzustewicz. :)

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
He has a god given scoring talent but he does have some defensive flaws. Nothing that can't be corrected though with good coaching.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Will turn into an even better player than Fox because by God we deserve it.

But he probably won't :(

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Badly needed a RD prospect with NHL potential and Conroy landed one. Might have preferred Callum Ritchie but this is definitely a nice get to fill out the projected organizational depth chart.

Reactions: Fig

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Has a G and 2 primary assists(so far) in game 1 against the London Knights.

What really stands out for me with him is his composure. Doesn't necessarily make a ton of flashy plays but the % of correct plays he makes is very high for a junior dman.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
A pretty exciting prospect to be honest.
Not sure why Vancouver gave him up, I know he lacks on ability on his own end of the rink... but man, how can you look at that pure instinct and be like 'nah, not for me chief'.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Not sure why Vancouver gave him up, I know he lacks on ability on his own end of the rink... but man, how can you look at that pure instinct and be like 'nah, not for me chief'.

I've seen it mentioned he somewhat refused to sign with Vancouver. I don't know if it's cope from Vancouver fans or has any truth.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I know for me I like a certain "brand" of hockey. You can call me old school, I fully acknowledge it.
But I'll take a decently skilled hard nosed player anyday over a soft finesse player (I'm not calling Hunter soft, but I don't think he's hard nosed)

I think the Identity of past Flame teams has always leaned towards that as well.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
I've seen it mentioned he somewhat refused to sign with Vancouver. I don't know if it's cope from Vancouver fans or has any truth.
I remember seeing something about it (supposedly he said it himself, but I never saw the clip myself) because there isn't a lot of opportunity for him to get top 4 minutes. Hughes and Hronek already on the big club, Elias Petterson (yes they have another EP on Defence), and Tom Willander likely making their top 4 in the next few years. Either he settles for third pairing and spot duty on special teams, or he signs somewhere like Calgary, and likely gets second pairing (potential spot duty on first pairing, based on injuries and whether or not we trade/re-sign guys like Ras on Kyl) and almost guaranteed special teams in the same time-frame.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad