Humbolt Broncos

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
ONE YEAR AGO 16 LIVES WERE LOST AND MANY MORE WERE CHANGED FOREVER.

DID YOU PUT YOUR STICK OUT ON THE PORCH???

This FB post a year ago by a young Doctor who was on scene at a local hospital:

Last night can only be described as the longest, worst and most tragic night of my career. The images can’t be unseen or forgotten, the stories can’t be unheard or ignored. Meeting each family and explaining the extent of each injury was nothing short of a painful exercise of cruelty. Families waiting for hours to identify their loved ones and smiling of joy at the idea of a significant injury as long as it meant that their loved one was alive brought chills to my spine.
I want to thank you few people and I know I will forget some. The performance during this code orange was nothing but phenomenal.
1- first and foremost: the nurses in the emergency department and in the ICU. Your tears made it easier for my tears to flow. Your passion, care and love is so admirable. I thank you for being the amazing humans that you are. You saved many lives and comforted 100s of other lives.
2- The physicians who came in from everywhere to help. Anesthesiologist, General surgeons, emergency department physicians, neurosurgeons, radiologists. You all put eveything aside including your own families and came and put your head down and got to work. You called in and insisted that we call you if we can use you.
3- The respiratory therapists who are often overlooked were the silent heroes as always.
4- the hospital organization and the Saskatchewan Health Authority for making sure that this horrible national tragedy was less painful than what it is already.
5- To the talented residents that stepped up to the challenge and helped beyond what is expected of them.
6- To the social workers who will be hurting silently today after hearing all those tragic stories.
May this be my first and final Code Orange. Never want to see what I saw again.
What an honour to know that you all have helped save a large number of lives.
Thank you everyone and May those painful hours be followed by many hours and days of healing.
What a sad and horrible night.
#SaskatchewanStrong

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
60AC7706-E348-4E71-844B-8FCEF38B3A4F.jpeg

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND

I watched the E-60 special again this morning. Never take life for granted and let your family know how much you love them. They could be gone just like that

Reactions: AUS Fan

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Is their anyone else off the 2017-18 roster that could end up in USports?? Gomercic , Fiske at Ontario Tech or whatever they are calling themselves now , Dahlgren at York and Shumlanski on the island.. Or is that likely it?

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Former Humboldt Broncos forward Ryan Straschnitzki was told he’d never walk again. The ironic thing is, he’s one of the lucky ones. Straschn itzki, of course, is one of the 13 members of the Broncos who were involved in a fatal truck crash in April, 2018. The horrific accident claimed the life of 16 people and rocked the entire hockey world
Paralyzed Humboldt Broncos player moves legs after experimental surgery

Reactions: JMCx4 and dm8895

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
AIRDRIE, ALTA. -- A hockey player paralyzed in a bus crash has been working hard since undergoing spinal surgery in Thailand late last year and it's getting him closer to his dream of making the national sledge hockey team.
Ryan Straschnitzki, who can't move from the chest down, had an epidural stimulator implanted in his spine in November. The device sends electrical currents to his spinal cord to try to stimulate nerves and move limbs.

Paralyzed Humboldt Bronco player happy with spinal surgery results

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
The driver of the bus on which Humboldt Broncos team members were killed and injured was speeding at the time of the collision, alleges a lawsuit filed on behalf of one of the surviving players.
In a statement of claim filed in Calgary Court of Queen’s Bench, Airdrie resident Ryan Straschnitzki seeks in excess of $13 million from a variety of defendants, including the estate of driver Glen Doerksen, who died in the crash.
Player's $13M lawsuit claims Humboldt Broncos bus driver was speeding | Calgary Herald

Reactions: AUS Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad