Huge News!!! Nhlpa Offers Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared Ramsden

Feb 28, 2002
Calgary
Biggest Canuck Fan said:
I am so pissed off at the NHL for not negotiating the cap, but then saying, no deal these talks are over?!?!?!

YOU WON YOU MORONS!!! YOU GOT WHAT YOU WANTED!!!

Now make the deal the best cap offer you can get and save what's left of hockey.

Now that the players have finally accepted a cap, it's up to the NHL to come up with a counter offer. NHLPA offers $52 mil cap WITH THE 24% ROLLBACK, NHL counters with $40, w/out linkage :shakehead.....it's up to the NHL to come up with something better than that. $45 minimum is what the NHL should offer, but something close to a $47 million cap would be more reasonable. The ball is in the NHL's court......

Cropduster

Aug 22, 2004
California
is this as close as we have been or are we still miles apart? Somebody wake me up with this is just PR vs no, we are getting pretty damn close

barnburner

Apr 23, 2004
Machoking2003-04 said:
http://www.tsn.ca/

GOD, PLEASE LET THE OWNERS COME BACK WITH A 45 mill cap. counter offer!!

If the players get a 45 mill offer, they better jump all over it. My guess is the
top offer will be no more than 43. It's a heck of a lot better than the 30 to 35 mill offer they will get a year from now.

caps

Feb 3, 2005
Southeastern VA
King Fish said:
I just heard on ESPN (sportscenter)that there could be a deal at hand. The rumor is the players agreed to a 45mill cap with no revenue sharing. Both sides get something, owners get a cap and no sharing revenue for the players. :handclap:

Has anyone else heard this? Can anyone give a link or something? :dunno:

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
If these 2 guys can't be in the same room together to make a deal whats the point in keeping them employed. Daly and Saskin are the ones talking, you might as well make them the leaders of these outfits.

arnie

Dec 20, 2004
CarlRacki said:
In all fairness, unless you're of the opinion that Gary Bettman is a master ventriloquist, the players did far more harm to their image on their own than the owners ever could have done for them.

Exactly. Bettman never demonized the players. He never called them greedy. All he ever said wasd that he wanted a partnership. Instead, it was the players who were constantly aking personal attacks on Bettman.

Feb 28, 2002
Abbotsford, BC
Visit site
Jared Ramsden said:
The ball is in the NHL's court......

Totally... I tell you right now I support fully the players. They realized the owners know how to run the business and caved.

The Owners now own 95% of the CBA landscape... to hell with the 100% ownage, get the game going with a decent 45-47 million cap with no linkage, and thrown in the tax for teams that violate it.

And in case you were wondering, it is a 7 million difference from 52-45 which equals 230K per team.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Canucker said:
If these 2 guys can't be in the same room together to make a deal whats the point in keeping them employed. Daly and Saskin are the ones talking, you might as well make them the leaders of these outfits.

From all accounts Saskin and Daly are actually friendly towards each other and not just Bettman/Goodenow eating pizza during a photo-op friendly. Daly did attend the funeral of Saskin's mother.

Will they be the leaders when all is said and done? If they are the ones being the frontmen in the negotiation I wouldn't doubt it at all. Certainly Saskin is in line to be union head. Daly for commisioner I don't really see...perhaps he'll be head negotiator next CBA but I think you may see commissioner go to someone with a little more hands on hockey experience. Someone who has been a player, an agent, a lawyer, a GM and in the NHL front office. Someone who has the respect of the bulk of people associated with the NHL....I truly believe it will be Brian Burke. Especially if Orca Bay gets out of being the managing entity behind the canucks. I think Burke hasn't taken another GM's job because he is angling for the commissioners role.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Please guys, stop adding 2-3-4-5 millions each day pass to the "acceptable" cap.
going from 40 to 46 millions might actually sounds like a mini-gap when reading some of you...

6 millions * 30 teams = 180 millions.
And the actual offer of 52 millions is still 360 millions over the actual 40 millions cap.

Not saying the nhl would not agree to a 45 millions cap, but it's not like: yahou, easy decision... It's a big increase, but they got the cap so they might agree to this.

arnie

Dec 20, 2004
Newsguyone said:
Anyway, the NHL didn't have many American fans to offend with this lockout.

This is a complete fallacy. There are far more hockey fans in the US than in Canada. The US is 10 time bigger and the fans are spead among 24 teams rather than 6. But in terms of number of absdolute people, they are greater in number.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Machoking2003-04 said:
The point is the players caved. They gave into a cap, no its just a matter of figuring out an amount. They will meet today, I saw on another thread that Roenick, Pronger and Iginla will be apart of the meeting.

THERE WILL BE A SEASON! YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!!!!!

Yeah, a worthless 28 game season and a pointless Stanley Cup. I say no thanks to the asterisk.

Brent Burns Beard