Confirmed with Link: Hudler to Panthers for 2016 2nd and 2018 4th

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I was wishing for a first, but a second is fine. I'm also happy because it's Florida- not a team I particularly expect to make the conference finals (though it could happen). That would make it a mid 2nd as opposed to the late first we were hoping for. Not that big a drop.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Salary retention will be important for Jones and Hiller. If both are moved and no salary is retained, than I think it can safely be said this ownership group won't do it.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Salary retention will be important for Jones and Hiller. If both are moved and no salary is retained, than I think it can safely be said this ownership group won't do it.

I would agree with that... unless they are being moved to teams that have zero salary cap constraints, of course.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
kinda sorta wished we got a bit more.

Bye Huds. You were a good Flame. Good luck with the Panthers!

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
For people saying should have been more, underwhelming etc.

Are you saying you wished he brought back more or you think that Treliving dropped the ball and should have got more?

Because this seems to be right where a few media figured he would get and higher than some.

I'll admit I was a bit underwhelmed at first because I thought that at worst, Hudler would get a similar deal to Glencross last year. I don't think Treliving dropped the ball at all, Deebz pointed out to me (he told me about the trade) that it's a buyers market for wingers right now, so really it isn't that bad of a deal.

Good luck to Hudler in Florida, I was happy with his signing from day one and look forward to seeing him play with Jagr.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I would agree with that... unless they are being moved to teams that have zero salary cap constraints, of course.

Can't see teams with that amount of cap space (~1M) being buyers. Good chance no wants them anyway so we still won't know for sure.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Not terrible at all, especially with no salary retained. Purcell had salary retained and got a 3rd, so I think it was a good trade for the Flamed.

Thanks for everything you did, Hudler!

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Another thing to think about is that just a couple of years ago we couldn't get teams to offer more than a 3rd round pick for Mike Cammalleri. So a 2nd and 4th is fine as far as I'm concerned. Wingers like that clearly aren't the hottest commodity.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Another thing to think about is that just a couple of years ago we couldn't get teams to offer more than a 3rd round pick for Mike Cammalleri. So a 2nd and 4th is fine as far as I'm concerned. Wingers like that clearly aren't the hottest commodity.

I wouldn't be shocked if Hudler wanting to play with Jagr didn't factor in too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad