Confirmed with Link: Hudler Nominated For the Lady Byng

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
I feel he's going to win. Dats missed a fair amount of time, and that shouldn't matter, but somehow I see that leaving him off the top. And Hudler has been more impressive than Kopi this season in my opinion. It's overall play while being the most sportsmanlike, isn't it?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
You know why Martin St. Louis drives me nuts, he's been nominated for this award in the past and he flat out said he doesn't want it. I guess he's to gritty for it in his mind.

Anyways, congrats Huds! Now we just need to rename these awards.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
You know why Martin St. Louis drives me nuts, he's been nominated for this award in the past and he flat out said he doesn't want it. I guess he's to gritty for it in his mind.

Anyways, congrats Huds! Now we just need to rename these awards.

MSL has been a guy, at least in recent years, to have a lot to say about a lot of stuff. It's made me lose a lot of respect for him tbh.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
MSL has been a guy, at least in recent years, to have a lot to say about a lot of stuff. It's made me lose a lot of respect for him tbh.

I don't have much respect for him at all. I get the impression that he's super egotistical.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Anyone else find this a bit weird?

I know Hudler barely takes penalties and he put up a ton of points... But this guy is pretty far from being a gentleman on the ice. He gets involved in scrums, he chrips all game and he's pretty liberal with his stick a lot of the time. I have a feeling a lot of the voters rarely saw this guy play, watched his sweet highlights and saw he had only taken a few penalties all season (14 minutes).

I'm excited for Huds and hope he wins. That'd be awesome.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

I know Hudler barely takes penalties and he put up a ton of points... But this guy is pretty far from being a gentleman on the ice. He gets involved in scrums, he chrips all game and he's pretty liberal with his stick a lot of the time. I have a feeling a lot of the voters rarely saw this guy play, watched his sweet highlights and saw he had only taken a few penalties all season (14 minutes).

Pretty much how all of these awards wind up being decided.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA

My dad and I were saying the same thing. He's always chirping :laugh:

Aug 21, 2014

Shhh...

I have no respect for Martin St Louis. I don't remember him as a Flame, but he seems too self entitled.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Do we know for sure that Hudler is yapping? Knowing Hudler, he could be saying some really profound things to his opponents, and it angers them to not understand his particular form of poetry.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Shhh...

I have no respect for Martin St Louis. I don't remember him as a Flame, but he seems too self entitled.

When he basically cried about not being put on the Olympic team and then *****ed his way out of Tampa, I lose all respect for MSL.

Do we know for sure that Hudler is yapping? Knowing Hudler, he could be saying some really profound things to his opponents, and it angers them to not understand his particular form of poetry.

Hudler: "What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet."

Other players: :rant:

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I ****ing hate MSL. I genuinely enjoyed watching him go from being loved by a city, to completely hated. MSL ruined his reputation with Tampa.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I agree. I get the whole chip on your shoulder thing when you're a smaller guy trying to break into the league. But he silenced his critics, earned a ton of respect for his play, won a Stanley Cup, became a team captain, and yet still managed to maintain that Napoleon complex and apparently never managed to gain any perspective.

Siignal

Apr 16, 2014
Berlin
I wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason Hudler is nominated is because he's been so good with Gaudreau and Monahan. Amazing player to play and work with the younger guys, and it's 100% shown on/off the ice.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason Hudler is nominated is because he's been so good with Gaudreau and Monahan. Amazing player to play and work with the younger guys, and it's 100% shown on/off the ice.

Hudler totally sold the NHL with his Monahan and Gaudreau jerseys on his dogs :sarcasm:.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

I agree with this, I think he's super respected around the league and known as a great teammate and good guy in the community. And honestly, what guy doesn't chirp? Maybe Tim Erixon, but other than him I can't think of one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad