Hudler making his case

• Thread starter A Good Flying Bird*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

A Good Flying Bird*

jiri Hudler bounced back from a shaky first exhibition game to score two gaols (and get robbed of another) in the Wings 5-3 loss to the Rangers.

Hudler is competing with Boyd Devereaux and Jason Williams for the final two spots in the Wings lineup. Devereaux and Williams can't be sent down without clearing waivers. Apparently, contrary to earlier reports, Hudler can be sent to Grand Rapids in the AHL instead of Vsestins in the Czech league.
But the Wings may be forced into an interesting decision if Hudler continues to impress the team.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Newsguyone said:
jiri Hudler bounced back from a shaky first exhibition game to score two gaols (and get robbed of another) in the Wings 5-3 loss to the Rangers.

Hudler is competing with Boyd Devereaux and Jason Williams for the final two spots in the Wings lineup. Devereaux and Williams can't be sent down without clearing waivers. Apparently, contrary to earlier reports, Hudler can be sent to Grand Rapids in the AHL instead of Vsestins in the Czech league.
But the Wings may be forced into an interesting decision if Hudler continues to impress the team.

after last night, williams and hudler will make the team and be on the same line, williams was always making things happen last night

Biscuit Bullet

Feb 28, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
Devereaux clearly isn't going to do anything useful, so I definitely see the Wings giving Hudler an initial spot on the roster. I think they should put him on a line with a big physical guy like a Shanahan/McCarty/Holmstrom etc.

Reactions: super6646

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
mario66 said:
How he lasted that far in the draft I'll never understand (a little guy with a ton of talent is better than a big guy with none). The wings pulled off a steal once again.

I agree that Hudler fell too far, but I was at the draft and I can tell you the reason he fell so far in my opinion is that he was the size of a 9 year old girl. Hoenstly when I saw him I was shocked a tiny little man.

I wish him the best at the NHL level, but I would have passed on him in the 1st round too.

• Haha
Reactions: super6646

paul99

Sep 5, 2003
Montreal, PQ
Reign Nateo said:
I agree that Hudler fell too far, but I was at the draft and I can tell you the reason he fell so far in my opinion is that he was the size of a 9 year old girl. Hoenstly when I saw him I was shocked a tiny little man.

I wish him the best at the NHL level, but I would have passed on him in the 1st round too.

I think the other reason is that he had a very serious injury about two years ago.

Dr.Strangelove91

Nov 27, 2002
Tricolore world
Visit site
This kid has kept my attention for the last year. I dunno why, I just feel he's going to give a lot of fun to every wings and nhl fans for the next decade. Pure talent. One of my favorite outside the Habs farm. I wish him the best...

:bow:

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Bonzai said:
Devereaux clearly isn't going to do anything useful, so I definitely see the Wings giving Hudler an initial spot on the roster. I think they should put him on a line with a big physical guy like a Shanahan/McCarty/Holmstrom etc.

He's been paired with Shanahan in camp, and they've clicked. He's also played well with Williams.....

Holmstrom-Zetterberg-Yzerman
Whitney-Datsyuk-Hull
Shanahan-Hudler-Williams
Grind line

Laperriere22*

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but the hit he took from Lacouture Saturday is not a hit he should be taking. Hudler will not be able to survive if he keeps getting hit by big guys that hit hard. It's why Datsyuk has survived at his size; Hudler needs to develop better instincts when it comes to not taking a big hit. I think he needs some more seasoning personally.

weissfan9

Jul 22, 2002
Canton, MI
community.webshots.com
Laperriere22 said:
Well, I don't know about anyone else, but the hit he took from Lacouture Saturday is not a hit he should be taking. Hudler will not be able to survive if he keeps getting hit by big guys that hit hard. It's why Datsyuk has survived at his size; Hudler needs to develop better instincts when it comes to not taking a big hit. I think he needs some more seasoning personally.

Did you see him hit Kasparaitus in the corner and take the puck? Old Darius folded like a house of cards. :joker:

Laperriere22*

weissfan9 said:
Did you see him hit Kasparaitus in the corner and take the puck? Old Darius folded like a house of cards. :joker:

It was more of a slow motion kind of tackle than a hit to be fair. Hudler's spunk is good, but taking a big hit like that from a big player is not good.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Laperriere22 said:
It was more of a slow motion kind of tackle than a hit to be fair. Hudler's spunk is good, but taking a big hit like that from a big player is not good.

I hope thats something he will probably will learn if he hasn't already. The good sign was that big hit didn't take him off his game. Alot of smaller players will take a hit and will be useless for the rest of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad