Injury Report: Huberdeau 10/8/16 (achilles tendon surgery), skating since 12/15, return early March?

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Achilles surgery. We can pretty much count him out for this season then ;(

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

The surgery was standard and hasn't changed the timeline. What you should worry about is how he looks after. Bolland was never the same. EK is still great, but he is also some kind of sorcerer :laugh:

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
The surgery was standard and hasn't changed the timeline. What you should worry about is how he looks after. Bolland was never the same. EK is still great, but he is also some kind of sorcerer :laugh:

I think Bollands issues went a bit more beyond his surgery. Huberdeau will be fine this is modern medicine. Its not like they just amputated his foot with a rusty saw.

5 Hole

Oct 2, 2011
Woodbine, GA

This is petty much how I'm seeing it too.. maybe he's back for the push or playoffs, but it's going to be a long season for him. It really sucks all the way around.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Has any more extensive information came out regarding the injury? Sure would be nice to know how bad it really was..

Ottarr

Nov 30, 2016
They said last night he was with the team the other night and is walking in a boot.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Update on Hubie:

Cz-UUPwWgAAP28q.jpg

Sun, Dec 18

Jonathan Huberdeau (Achilles) is inching closer and closer towards his return.

Advice: Huberdeau was seen working hard at practice on Saturday, which is a fantastic development in any injury south of the waist. He's still expected to miss the next month, but who knows, maybe he'll be able to expedite that process. Stay tuned.

More: Harvey Fialkov on Twitter
(Rotoworld.com)

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
How's that possible? He's been skating for a month now.
Barkov also not close :shakehead
The rehab on an achilles is cumberson. After surgery the tendon is very tight and has to be slowly stretched to allow for full range of motion. As it stretches there are various degrees of discomfort that need to be overcome before a player can be released for full workouts from the yellow jersey. His surgery was 10/13 and it has already been 3 months. If he comes back the first or second week of March, recovery would be 5 months. The fact that the original estimate was 3 to 4 months was an obvious optimistic estimate. IMO, I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't play at all this season. Doesn't really make much sense for him to participate in brutal game conditions with less than a month of the season left that could set him back for next season. Many athletes don't return from achilles surgery for 9 months because of the various complications that can arise along the way. Obviously some of those have already come up in his case. Bolland returned way too early from double tendon surgery attaching his foot and ankle and paid for it. :)

Last edited:

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
^Barkov not close. We don't know what his injury is other than lower body. I think I will refer to he and Bjugs as the the Glazier Brothers. If there were ever two big guys who were made of glass, these are them. :(

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad