How's the goalie selection in 2005?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Outside of Rask, who is there? Minnesota could use a goaltender as insurance for Khudobin and Harding...but I don't see them picking up a goaltender no earlier than probably the 3rd round.

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
There are 4 goalies who have a chance of going 1st round. They are Rask, Price, Levasseur and Vincent. Red Line has all but Vincent in their top 10. I think after these 4 go there is a drop-off in the goalie quality but there always seems to be goalies that go in the later rounds that turn out better than some of the 1st rounders.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
There are also some decent goalies that didn't get drafted last year like Taylor Dakers, Bryan Bridges, Aleksis Ahlqvist, etc. People are saying this year won't have the depth of 2004, but by the time June rolls around, I think they'll have closed the gap quite a bit.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Ahlqvist would be a dream...

I think I'll save my judgements for the Wild. I was ticked at Khudobin but he has turned out okay.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
ax²+bx+c said:
if they want to take a late-round gamble, they could go for Ryan Mior.

Ireally like Mior and think this year is no indication of how good he really is...IMO he is still among the top 5 goalies in the draft skill wise and could turn out to be better than some of the best ones...playing time is killing him this year. If a team picks him up in the 3rd round or so IMO they are getting a huge steal in the draft.

QMJHLguru

Dec 11, 2004
Halifax
Mior - His playing time has became even more limited that he has quit the Rocket and returned home... He'll be lucky to even be drafted now, these moves by players really hurt them come draft day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad