Howard Surprises Fan Before Preventative Double Mastectomy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
All 3 of my female first cousins had the same thing done, but they were all in their 30s. 2 were diagnosed with cancer, the third had a double mastectomy based on that gene's presence in our family. Each of them are from different parents.

They seemed to take it real well and didn't make nearly as big of a deal about it as this girl, but whatever. Funny story, one of the cousins was a small cup size and after surgery went to a doctor to get implants and she said "I want the same size I was. End of discussion." The doctor (female) said, plainly, "Sorry honey, they don't make implants that small". She had to go to a C cup and she still *****es about it.

On your first point, I don't think that she went out of her way to make it a big deal. She probably got her story put in front of the Wings by a relative or friend and they saw an opportunity to make it a heartwarming story.

She clearly feels strongly about it, but if the Wings didn't set up the thing for Jimmy Howard to be awesome, you'd have never heard of Kelly Roth. She wouldn't have "made such a big deal about it", in other words.

Second, the big deal about it is that she's 20. It is super uncommon for someone that young to get this kind of procedure.

But on the last paragraph, :laugh:

That's great. I understand why she's not happy, but still, it's funny.

tsbilly

May 20, 2012
How would you know what's a big deal for women? You're not one.
The point is making this about her appearance in any way or saying that it's somehow a big loss for her is pretty disgusting, honestly.

Your statement is pretty disgusting, honestly, and naive. EVERYONE cares about they way they look. Saying it's not a big loss for her is pretty idiotic. Everyone's self esteem is, in part, tied up in how they look.

Are you saying if they cut off 1/2 of your ****, you wouldn't feel different about yourself? And that's not even visible through your clothes.

What she had removed from her does affect they way other people will view her and interact with her. Debate the merits of that statement if you wan't but you know it's true. If you can't admit that then you are a liar.

Amrcn Ftbll

Quincey 4 prez 2k16
Jan 22, 2014
ypsi
Your statement is pretty disgusting, honestly, and naive. EVERYONE cares about they way they look. Saying it's not a big loss for her is pretty idiotic. Everyone's self esteem is, in part, tied up in how they look.

Are you saying if they cut off 1/2 of your ****, you wouldn't feel different about yourself? And that's not even visible through your clothes.

What she had removed from her does affect they way other people will view her and interact with her. Debate the merits of that statement if you wan't but you know it's true. If you can't admit that then you are a liar.

You're full of ****. You don't know what's a big deal for women if you are not a woman. Simple as that. The only thing naive is to think that you'd know better than she does.
And to make it about her appearance IS disgusting and completely uncalled for. The big deal isn't that people are going to look at her differently. The big deal is that she was brave enough to VOLUNTARILY undergo this procedure to ensure living a cancer free life. We should not pity her because "oh no, no boobs for a few months!!". We should be admiring her bravery and foresight.

Stop assuming the state of my genitals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad