Injury Report: Howard leaves practice early: sore hamstring

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1h
Howard has left practice early again. He's been bothered by a sore hamstring but it hasn't prevented him from playing well.

Is this news or did we all know this and I forgot? Sounds like he's had it for a while.

1st Line Interloper

Will Drop the Gloves
May 4, 2013
If we lose Howard for any amount of games then we're done. Howard needs to be healthy and playing at his highest form for the Red Wings to even have a shot at beating the Blackhawks.

I'm wondering when the impact of playing so many must win games would show, and this might be the time that it does start showing. Hopefully it's just a minor injury.

I would not want to roll with Monster in game 1, for as good as he has looked at times, he has looked equally horrendous other times.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I would not want to roll with Monster in game 1, for as good as he has looked at times, he has looked equally horrendous other times.

If it comes down to a worst case scenario, I want Mrazek asap. I know that contradicts having an actual backup goaltender, but he's done well under pressure pretty much anywhere. I think he would give us the best shot.

Detroit Sports*

If it comes down to a worst case scenario, I want Mrazek asap. I know that contradicts having an actual backup goaltender, but he's done well under pressure pretty much anywhere. I think he would give us the best shot.

Mrazek has played 2 NHL games so far. I like him but this could ruin him.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Of course it will be Monster if Howard needs to rest. If it's just for a game, we could be lucky and Monster will have a monster gud game instead of a monster bad, and then Howard can take over again.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
Mrazek has played 2 NHL games so far. I like him but this could ruin him.

I am mostly being a smart A-- here, but Howard signed until Mrazek turns 27. Might as well use him now he will have plenty of time to get over it.

In a more serious tone, it would be a high volatility outcome probability, but from a strategic standpoint I would use Mrazek and hope to catch lightning in a bottle, rather than go with the experienced "steady" hand with no upside.

On a side note with Howard signed, I really hope they "manage the asset" and consider trading Mrazek over the summer.

Last edited:

redwings85

In Ozzie I trust.
Nov 11, 2008
America's Hat.

Mrazek is playing in the playoffs. Game 3 is tomorrow. I dont think they'd want to risk losing the Calder Cup. While I'd love to see Mrazek up. Don't think he's NHL rdy yet. Especially round 2 of the playoffs.

I'm sure Howard isn't the only one nursing injuries currently. As mentioned he's been doing this for a week or so now.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
maybe it's me, but I think I start seeing howard losing weight as well because of all the workload in a condensed season.

Aug 6, 2012
Mrazek is playing in the playoffs. Game 3 is tomorrow. I dont think they'd want to risk losing the Calder Cup. While I'd love to see Mrazek up. Don't think he's NHL rdy yet. Especially round 2 of the playoffs.

I'm sure Howard isn't the only one nursing injuries currently. As mentioned he's been doing this for a week or so now.

The Stanley Cup Playoffs is a hell of a lot more important to the Red Wings orginization than the Calder Cup.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The Stanley Cup Playoffs is a hell of a lot more important to the Red Wings orginization than the Calder Cup.

It is but at the same time these guys development and how they treat the team in Grand Rapids is also a hell of a lot more important than a lot of the fans seem to think. It isn't completely insignificant either, they have a plan with a lot of these guys, if they bring him up great, I just doubt that is their internal plan.

By the way the Hawks are living a charmed life if this turns out to be an issue. Backstrom down, Harding injured, now Howard dealing with some sort of injury issue.

On one positive note they must not think much of this because they are actually full on addressing the injury issue he has, have a feeling if it was really serious or getting worse, he would have the lower body or knowing the NHL upper body injury to throw off what is the problem.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 12. may
Howard has just left ice before the morning skate starts. He did likewise in Game 6 but played and looked fine.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 10. may
Babcock confirms Eaves is sitting for Abdelkader. He said Howard didn't stay on ice for long because of humidity, but he's fine.

Bob Duff ‏@asktheduffer 10. may
#redwings Babcock insists Howard absence from game-day skate nothing to worry about: "We skated him early and gave him the boot."

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 10. may
Howard didn't practice with team, was on ice earlier. Holland said he is playing tonight.

for what it's worth.

WingsMike

Registered Man
Jan 28, 2012
He's been leaving practice early for a while now...this shouldn't really be news.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad