In Memoriam Howard Johnson's 1925-2022

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
When we went on vacation we either stayed at HoJo or Holiday Inn. HoJo was popular with the parents because many of them had both the motel and the restaurant which meant we didn't have to hunt for a place to eat. And that's important when you have two young children lol

BourqueFromORRk4277

formerly POPNDOUGH
Mar 25, 2010
Somerville MA
Well, I am a bit older. Kimball's has been there since my Mom was a kid. I used to ride my horse to Kimballs....she liked ice cream too.

Now the Kimballs in Westford is huge. When I was a child the ice cream stand was part of the house and the barn (when the stand is now) actually had cows.
Yeah, now there are 4 locations, and Westford has a pitch n putt, arcade, driving range, batting cages, water boat ride, food grill, country store.... it's insane.
None of that was there when I started going there in the late 70s. My dad even worked there back in the 50s when he was a teen.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Yeah, now there are 4 locations, and Westford has a pitch n putt, arcade, driving range, batting cages, water boat ride, food grill, country store.... it's insane.
None of that was there when I started going there in the late 70s. My dad even worked there back in the 50s when he was a teen.
Many of my friends worked there. I liked it better when it was smaller, and they still had cows. Many thought Kimballs was in Littleton, but it was right over the town line in Westford.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
HoJos in between Forest Hills and Franklin Park for special occasions in the 60s,First Communion,Birthdays,Confirmation. It's been gone awhile but the memories remain.

1654630014254.png

Reactions: Fenway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad