OT: How well do you know the NHL rules? (Quiz)

Canad13ns

Nov 6, 2018
7/16 Don't know why the Calgary goal wouldn't count just because the Boston players are celebrating when they kicked it in! Boo Boston!

Reactions: Gravity

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
A lot of these rarely ever happen...maybe he's great at all these unknown rules. Like wtf is clipping?

I've seen clipping get called but it's very rare. It's like tripping someone using your body rather than your stick.... Like when an attempted hip check gets too low and takes the legs out instead.

Apr 28, 2010
E2GMokMXMAIhGgh.jpg

/16

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
4/16 and I reffed minor leagues before :laugh:

Love the playing the puck in the trapezoid... I guess if a goalie ended up on his chest, with the skates in the crease and the puck in the trapezoid he could take a whack at the puck ?

Reactions: Toene

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Was sent this by a friend...Got 6/16.

How well do you know the NHL rulebook? (google.com)

Some are ridiculous questions though.

lol. Same here 6/16.

So hooking could result in injury...but not tripping? lol
The high-stick penalty....so your opponent is laying down on the ice, you touch his face with his stick...and it's a high-stick? lol
As far as the major...so you can punch a ref...but a goalie can't punch with his blocker. So this is why Price continually gives love taps on a guy's helmet...it's not a punch!
I f***ed up on the late hit...of course the rulebook doesn't say anything....
Aund f***ed up the too many men...I thought there was a sign..lol

Last edited:

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Some of them are very far-fetched, like the 18 rounds of shootouts but one team is short a player deal.

But they have to account for all possibilities.

I mean, that's not a likely scenario but it's one that's obvious when you're thinking about what could go wrong in the shootouts

But that question about the extra attacker and the goalie coming back on the same shift in OT.... and being different than in playoffs... and loser point is not credited in OT if goal is on an empty net?
That one is flying over my head. I guess they want to avoid a team going with an extra attacker to give themselves an additional punch at the expense of an OT loss, so they don't award the OT point? And they can't have the goalie coming in and out or it would be too confusing?

Reactions: Toene

expy

Nov 2, 2010
11/16..
Surprised at the playing the puck in the trapezoid….

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
lol. Same here 6/16.

So hooking could result in injury...but not tripping? lol
The high-stick penalty....so your opponent is laying down on the ice, you touch his face with his stick...and it's a high-stick? lol
As far as the major...so you can punch a ref...but a goalie can't punch with his blocker. So this is why Price continually gives love taps on a guy's helmet...it's not a punch!
I f***ed up on the late hit...of course the rulebook doesn't say anything....
Aund f***ed up the too many men...I thought there was a sign..lol
I think we got the same ones wrong lol..
I remember a game where they didn't call the high stick specifically because the player was on his knees, so I chose the upright one.
The major I thought for sure was refs..like, you touch a ref and you're right away sent away. So I don't get that one.

I initially selected too many men but then went with head shot. Figured they just put 6 fingers up to say too many men, but don't remember them ever doing some type of hitting motion towards their head to call that.
I also thought signs were just freestyled by refs..with just 3-4 universal ones.

That rulebook needs serious amending asap.

Reactions: Whitesnake

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
5/16, but misread one of the question about the Flames/Bruins double goal thing, so shouldve had that one. Must admit I laughed at the question about the punches with one of the scenarios being "punching a player being treated by medical staff". What kind of psycho would do that lmao

expy

Nov 2, 2010
How can they even play the puck from there?..Talk about a dumb rule. Like why even allow that?
It's weird because all the calls we've seen, the goalies have been in the zone.. it doesn't make sense. Have they been calling it wrong the whole time ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad