OT: How well do you know the NHL rules? (Quiz)

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
LOL, 3/16… I guess I need to take back everything I’ve said about Chris Lee.

Side note, I have always considered myself good at English but man, some of those questions were hard to read and understand.

Reactions: Toene

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I call BS.
Pathetic.

If it makes your ego feel better, I was sure of only 14 answers and on two I was hesitant between two options, but it turns out I got credit for both. I went by instinct but that is not purely scientific so we'll call it lucky, and thus your superiority is maintained.

For the rest of the honest ones out there, don't underestimate the results you can get from reading the rule book out of necessity combined with having a good memory.

Interesting that one of the two I was not sure of was due to that rule not existing in the 70s, and the other one because the question was misleadingly framed with the real answer not being any of the four, but I picked the closest one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toene

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Pathetic.

If it makes your ego feel better, I was sure of only 14 answers and on two I was hesitant between two options, but it turns out I got credit for both. I went by instinct but that is not purely scientific so we'll call it lucky, and thus your superiority is maintained.

For the rest of the honest ones out there, don't underestimate the results you can get from reading the rule book out of necessity combined with having a good memory.

Interesting that one of the two I was not sure of was due to that rule not existing in the 70s, and the other one because the question was misleadingly framed with the real answer not being any of the four, but I picked the closest one.

Just how many times and when did you last ready this rulebook?

I dont actually care how much you scored mate loll..this is a pointless fun quiz. All the power to you if you nailed it, just found it very unlikely when the average is about 6/16..
But hey, if you know the rulebook inside/out then good on you!

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Just how many times and when did you last ready this rulebook?

I dont actually care how much you scored mate loll..this is a pointless fun quiz. All the power to you if you nailed it, just found it very unlikely when the average is about 6/16..
But hey, if you know the rulebook inside/out then good on you!
In the 1970s I coached hockey one year. Being a stickler for every detail and trying to get every legit advantage from knowing the rules, as I did in baseball and volleyball, the other sports I coached, I red the book thoroughly for several days in the fall of 1975.

I do go back to it at times when there is a controversial play, and I try to follow any new rules announced.

Finally, I have an excellent memory for verbal and numerical things, though not aesthetics.

In the end, my chances on this quiz were much higher than the average fan. It was not BS.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Also 6/16. Had to take educated guesses for most of them. These scenarios just don't happen that often!

Yep outside of maybe the first two questions it's more a "i got you" quiz than a real one testing your knowledge of the rules.

Like the one about the trapezoid. This never happen period. I had even read that rule and could not remember anything about when it was legal. Probably when i read the rule it made sense so i brushed it off. At the end of the day it's hard to do and unpractical (dangerous) for a goalie to do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: FormerLurker

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
In the 1970s I coached hockey one year. Being a stickler for every detail and trying to get every legit advantage from knowing the rules, as I did in baseball and volleyball, the other sports I coached, I red the book thoroughly for several days in the fall of 1975.

I do go back to it at times when there is a controversial play, and I try to follow any new rules announced.

Finally, I have an excellent memory for verbal and numerical things, though not aesthetics.

In the end, my chances on this quiz were much higher than the average fan. It was not BS.
Lol dude...the rulebook in 75? How's that helping on a lot of these questions I have no idea. But hey, I don't particularly care as I said, just don't know anyone who broke 10..let alone a perfect score. Good on you.

kalessin

Jun 11, 2007
That actually makes it even less believable lol. Read the rulebook in the 70s and still knows the most obscure rules. I don't even know what I did yesterday

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad