G: Carey Price
G: Fleury
G: Mason
G: Bernier

Do I have a chance of winning?

islesforlife

Dec 13, 2013
East Coast USA
You might be a little low in some scoring categories. But if you're really concerned about that, you could offer a goalie to a team for almost anyone. I gotta know what your draft order was. How did you get those four?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I definitely would have taken more offense, especially over Mason, who I do not like. I think you took Bernier too early as well. Maybe you can get some team to overpay for one of your goalies.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I agree with the guy above me. Where did Schneider go? If he was available at 25, I'd take him over Fleury. But never take 4 goalies with your first 4 picks. 2, maybe but not 4.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
4 goalies...ya, not good.

The major issue with drafting so many goalies is the non-cumulative stats. You won't get a better GAA and SV% with having more goalie starts...and that's 2 of the 4 stats. Whereas with F and D only 1 stat is non-cumulative (+/-).

So now your F and D won't be competitive, in fact, you'll be lucky if you see a couple of your forwards over 60pts.

Yarbles02

Dee’s A Bird!
Feb 10, 2012
Edmonton
When you have Price, you certainly do not need 3 more goalies, bang, bang, bang. You would have a perfect team for a keeper league with all that youth.

swslave1

Jan 23, 2014
If you can rely on members of your league to be active and willing trade partners, I think this is a decent strategy. That is a big IF, but if you know the other managers well and can negotiate a good deal for yourself you shouldn't have a problem. With 19 teams in your league and 4 starters on your roster alone, there must be at least a couple managers hurting for a goaltender - you must exploit them. If they don't want one of the guys you have, work a multi-team trade. You'll definitely want to make a deal sooner rather than later, or an injury/poor play will threaten to damage your investment.

Emphasize the fact that goalies comprise 40% of the scoring categories in your league. Especially for the manager who drafts Halak, Pavelec, and/or Neuvirth/Enroth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad