How much success will it take for the Kings to be considered contenders?

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
For me, I have seen enough games to know we are contenders. However, this all depends on if we stay healthy and ultimately get Gaborik back. Even before the season started, I believed that our defense and goaltending are one of the best in the league and good enough to win a cup. My main concern was scoring, and I have seen enough to know that this new style works. Ultimately, if everybody is healthy and back, we could role 3 lethal scoring lines:

Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown
Gaborik-Carter-Cammy
Pearson-Kempe-Toffoli
Andreoff-Shore-Lewis

That will be sick and can go toe-to-toe with any other team's top 3 lines.

Most teams that can roll such a top 3 line either don't have the top goalie or don't have the Drew Doughty defenceman.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Most teams that can roll such a top 3 line either don't have the top goalie or don't have the Drew Doughty defenceman.

Exactly

A lot of people were down on this roster based on performance last season (and some the previous season), but it was clear the actual horses were in place, we just needed them to hit their potential.

Have to make the playoffs, and anything can happen, but no one will want a piece of a multiple Cup winner. I know that philosophy has stopped being popular around here, but I still believe in it.

Reactions: 92TeamCanada97

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
You should also remember the year they beat every team in California (and also Chicago) in game 7, even after trailing 0-3 sometimes. An earlier round exit could also happen that year...

Did they still not make up for 06?

They made up for 06. But what 06 showed me is that a team can fall off the face of the earth, so I will wait to call them contenders

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad