How many years until Man Utd regain their english league title?

How many years until Man Utd regain their english league title?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Can they outspend the oil clubs? Probably not.
Can they get a top notch manager that would mitigate the money advantage? Maybe
Can they get "lucky" and have an overachieving season? Yes.

Same logic holds true for Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool. Liverpool has the manager and won. A club like Leicester got a miracle season.

I mean, I voted 30 years because I want United to lose, but realistically, maybe they can win once every 10 years or so. Same for Arsenal and Liverpool (because Spurs, lol).

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I voted the highest possible option. After all, if your expectations are as low as possible, it’s easy to surpass them.

Then I though that 30-35 could still be wrong and I was sad.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
United need to mitigate the money advantage? Surely not they can spend just as much as anyone else. Maybe there’s the city arguement but even that is arguable. The issue is the spend stupidly disregarding their needs or when they get positional needs they get overrated over priced players.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
United need to mitigate the money advantage? Surely not they can spend just as much as anyone else. Maybe there’s the city arguement but even that is arguable. The issue is the spend stupidly disregarding their needs or when they get positional needs they get overrated over priced players.

Yea since 13/14 them and City are clearly the two biggest spenders at just over a billion net and only a few million between them.

Next highest is PSG at 750m, then Arsenal at 680m

The expenditures are a bit different, City is ~150m above United but have more sales to make up for it.

Barca and Chelsea are also really high on the expenditures list but make up for it with over a billion in player sales over that time as well.

The idea that United can’t compete financially with City (and I guess you’d now have to include a Newcastle in that), just doesn’t line up with reality.

They can’t really outspend City, but they also aren’t being outspent by them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
They're laughing at us now, but we'll have the last laugh after we win the 2069 title. Then you'll see.

You'll all see.

:(

Reactions: Jack Straw

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
United are a huge huge club with massive resources and player pull. I do think it is very likely that they win a title in the next 10 years. I see City winning most of the next 5 though so I voted for 5-10 years. United simply need to find an elite manager. The current United squad has flaws and absolutely isn't close to being the best in the league, but the current team can challenge under the right coach. I'm sure they will spend enough to win one in the 2020s.

Reactions: luiginb

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'm gonna say 5-10 years. But it could be literally any of these options. I will say it's pretty impressive how poorly this regime spends money, over a billion spent and you can't even get close to a title challenge?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00