How many syllables in Mukhamadullin?

Brent Burns

“”“Re-tooling on the fly”””
Feb 7, 2007
Every announcer: muk-ma-DOO-lin
Actual: moo-kha-ma-doo-LEEN

I thought Randy Hahn of all people would have pronounced it correct but he's just going with the crummy status quo

Reactions: Sandisfan

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
@Desert Eagle do you know much about Shakir's ethnicity? Like, I know he's from Ufa but I thought his name was Tatar. And doesn't that information sort of dictate how to read/say his name in Cyrillic correctly?

Шакир Мухамадуллин

• Wow

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
@Desert Eagle do you know much about Shakir's ethnicity? Like, I know he's from Ufa but I thought his name was Tatar. And doesn't that information sort of dictate how to read/say his name in Cyrillic correctly?

Шакир Мухамадуллин
Pretty sure he's Tatar based on his name and physical appearance. Pronunciation is how Desert Eagle spelled it out.

Reactions: tiburon12

Desert Eagle

May 13, 2019
Europe

Шакир Мухамадуллин
It’s hard to say for sure, but he was born and played in the city of Ufa (Republic of Bashkortostan in Russia), which is located next to Tatarstan. I haven’t found any information about his nationality, unfortunately. He can be both Bashkir and Tatar, because they have similar names and pronunciation.

So if you want to pronounce his last name correctly, it`s for sure as I wrote above:
moo-ha-ma-DOO-lin

The letter "K" is not even close there :)

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
It’s hard to say for sure, but he was born and played in the city of Ufa (Republic of Bashkortostan in Russia), which is located next to Tatarstan. I haven’t found any information about his nationality, unfortunately. He can be both Bashkir and Tatar, because they have similar names and pronunciation.

So if you want to pronounce his last name correctly, it`s for sure as I wrote above:
moo-ha-ma-DOO-lin

Cool, thanks!

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015

moo-ha-ma-DOO-lin

If the k is silent I can see why an announcer will forget to emphasize the second syllable “ha”

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
I remember when I was a kid, there was a guy in the stands who would always yell RAT when Rathje touched the puck.

Maybe now I can go to games and yell MOOOOOO when Muhk touches the puck and continue the cycle.
The guy seems built pretty sturdy like a cow, so it would kinda fit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad