How many starts for Niemi?

Descendent*

So you don't expect Greiss to start taking away more games from Niemi this season?

CBJenga

May 30, 2008
So you don't expect Greiss to start taking away more games from Niemi this season?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

Wait.... were you serious?

Descendent*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

Wait.... were you serious?

Never watched any of his games, but Greiss had solid numbers last season and he's a bit younger.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Never watched any of his games, but Greiss had solid numbers last season and he's a bit younger.

niemi and greiss had basically the exact same stats last year.

niemi 2.42 goals against. .915 save%

greiss 2.30 goals against (translated to 68 games, means greiss would of allowed 3 less goals), .915 save%.

Arrch

Apr 11, 2011

The Koala is not impressed:

TMAC_SKATING_1500MP4_640x360_2204978851.jpg

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Basically Coach Koala likes to ride his number 1 as much as humanly possibly, so even though Greiss is a decent to good goalie he'll be lucky to see very many starts at all.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I suspect Stalock and Sateri will be given more shots this year and those starts will likely come at Greiss's expense. Barring a Niemi injury of course.

Which is stupid, because Greiss has better fundamentals and better athleticism. He deserves more opportunity. Realistically though I think Stalock or Sateri will better than either of them.

DuckEatinShark

GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
Jul 20, 2009
San Jose
Honestly, I think Nemo starts around 40 games. Don't ask me why though.

I really think Greiss should go elsewhere. He really should get a shot like Lindback. He's not getting any playing time here as long as Niemi plays OK.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
Niemi is probably ranked low because the media expects the Sharks to be much worse this season, resulting in less wins for Niemi. His save percentage is pretty average as well. So without the wins, it makes sense that he'd be ranked lower.

Griess is no threat for starts to answer your question.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
if you do the math, Niemi has started an average of 78% of the games in the past two seasons (82% last year)

78% of 48 is 38 games (rounded up)
82% of 48 is 40 games (rounded up)

so 39 is my answer ... 39

I need a life ...

Arrch

Apr 11, 2011
I need a life ...

The question then becomes, what's the statistical likelihood that you will get one?

I would probably just look at how many back to backs we have; that is the only time that Greiss could get a start, so that would give you the minimum number of games Niemi will play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad