Speculation: How many more points will the Flames the Flames get this season?

How many more points will the Flames the Flames get this season?

• 0-5

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 6-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-15

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • 16-20

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 21+

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Even the bottom-5 2014 Flames went over .500 after the trade deadline. The playoff picture is clear now and the contenders will be in cruise control trying to avoid injuries. Meanwhile, we're playing for pride and a 0.1% chance of playing in the post-season. It won't be that bad.

One of the worst stretches I remember seeing was when we shut down Monahan, Tkachuk, and Brodie in the second Gulutzan season. We were rotating through Smith and rookies in Rittich and Gillies and lost 11 in a row with every single game being a blow-out. Except I'm also pretty sure we beat Edmonton with Spencer Foo as our topline RW somewhere in that streak

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
All depends on what happens with Markstrom. If he sticks around, I can't see how we get less than 15 points.

We'll finish where we always finish - no man's land

Reactions: flames23

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Even the bottom-5 2014 Flames went over .500 after the trade deadline. The playoff picture is clear now and the contenders will be in cruise control trying to avoid injuries. Meanwhile, we're playing for pride and a 0.1% chance of playing in the post-season. It won't be that bad.

One of the worst stretches I remember seeing was when we shut down Monahan, Tkachuk, and Brodie in the second Gulutzan season. We were rotating through Smith and rookies in Rittich and Gillies and lost 11 in a row with every single game being a blow-out. Except I'm also pretty sure we beat Edmonton with Spencer Foo as our topline RW somewhere in that streak

Was that the season we traded our 1st and 2 2nds for Hamonic?

God Treliving did some braindead shit. He hit a few homeruns and struck out just as often.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I think this is a group that has battled hard to be where they are, as much as there is to be said about playing for pride, I could also see it going bad.

I could see Coleman, Backlund, Weegar, Kadri having a let down based on how much energy they’ve put into keeping this team in the fight.

Who knows how it goes

Reactions: Boomstick

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Hopefully we suck ballz. It’s been a valiant effort but if we finish bottom 6 we are guaranteed a big skilled D man or a potential top 6 C. (Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom, Dickinson, Levshunov, Silaev)

If we pick one of those Cs maybe actually try and develop them as a C. Too much to ask?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hopefully we suck ballz. It’s been a valiant effort but if we finish bottom 6 we are guaranteed a big skilled D man or a potential top 6 C. (Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom, Dickinson, Levshunov, Silaev)

If we pick one of those Cs maybe actually try and develop them as a C. Too much to ask?
Isn't Tij a center too?

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Isn't Tij a center too?
I live in the Okanagan and have seen him play quite a few times. He plays C sometimes. The number 1C is Stzurc. I think he projects more as a winger but we’ll see. Hopefully we can get another first and package them together so we can get Iginla or Catton too. Might be wishful thinking

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
8i6oot.gif

If they actually trade Markstrom the emergency tank will be fully operational

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad