Boston Bruins How Many Games Will You Attend This Season?

How many games will you attend this season?

Votes: 30 58.8%

Votes: 10 19.6%

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • 3-5

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 6-10

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 11-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21 or more

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
We have been to:
Florida, Tampa (twice each)
Toronto
Montreal
Philly
Wash/ Caps (twice)
Nashville
Seattle
Vegas
LA, Sharks, Ducks (three times each)
Also went to Prague in 2010 for both games.

Want to do (but am getting old...we will see):
Pittsburgh (supposed to go this year)
Ottawa
Buffalo
Chicago
Edmonton
Calgary
Vancouver

I wonder how much the equipment guys feel “part of the team”
I believe (from where we sit) that they do!

incidental otter

Registered Spraint
May 27, 2015
Likely no B's games for me this year, mostly due to cost.

I am, however, a STH of the Mariners, and will get to 20+ games in Portland.

@NeelyDan, I've had the opportunity to meet the M's equipment and training staff in past seasons. They absolutely feel - and are - part of the team.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Likely no B's games for me this year, mostly due to cost.

I am, however, a STH of the Mariners, and will get to 20+ games in Portland.

@NeelyDan, I've had the opportunity to meet the M's equipment and training staff in past seasons. They absolutely feel - and are - part of the team.
Same with the Bs guys. It is fun to watch. They often have fun behind the bench. Linus is a riot.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Have been to:

Montreal (old and new)
Toronto (old and new)
Ottawa
Buffalo
NY (MSG)
NY (Long Isand)
New Jersey
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Columbus
Raleigh (Canes)
Tampa
Hartford

The Forum in Monreal and MLG in Toronto were the best.

Didn't see the Bruins in any of those places except for Hartford.

Last edited:
Reactions: sooshii

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
More than likely zero for me.
I'm in Toronto and could buy a lot of things for the price of a game.

Haven't been since covid.

Debated about going to Buffalo/Detroit/Ottawa but with travel/hotels/food/beers/etc it adds up way too quick

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
I've been to:
Montreal (the Forum for the '87 Canada Cup)
Nassau Coliseum
Buffalo (current rink)
Toronto (current rink)
Winnipeg (current rink)
Edmonton (current rink)
Calgary Saddledome. My daughter thought it was a dump. I loved it.

Reactions: Gordoff and Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
That is truly amazing. Hockey players are the best. Thanks for sharing that.
Brad is very appreciative of all of them and the players. He hugs them, shoves them, teases them and if anyone is having a tough time he is there for them. He is a very passionate and emotional guy.

All of the players include the guys who work for the team.

The chemistry is cool to see. I don't think it was like that 23 years ago when I first had the seats.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
We've done the Panthers 3 times including a playoff game last year. I've been to a Caps game, a Coyotes game, and a Devils game but it doesn't count because my family wasn't there. Doesn't have to be Bruins games either - just an NHL game. Kids get to get a jersey etc.
Yeah, I've never ventured to any games on the east coast because I'm rarely there during hockey months.

I definitely recommend taking a game in when visiting Vegas, though. We were hopping around to different bars and then made our way towards the arena around 2 in the afternoon and stayed there in the front area mingling for like 4 hours before the game even started. It was wild. We also purchased our tickets like an hour before game time because they dropped like 1/2 the price.

I've been to:
Nassau Coliseum
Buffalo (current rink)
Toronto (current rink)
Winnipeg (current rink)
Edmonton (current rink)
I love the Saddledome, lol. There's something about it.

I've been to a few games at Rexall in Edmonton(pre-new arena) - There's a legend that the beers there had a little extra... oomph and It's hard to disagree when it's all said and done. We called them crack beers because you're definitely hit a little harder.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Yeah, I've never ventured to any games on the east coast because I'm rarely there during hockey months.

I definitely recommend taking a game in when visiting Vegas, though. We were hopping around to different bars and then made our way towards the arena around 2 in the afternoon and stayed there in the front area mingling for like 4 hours before the game even started. It was wild. We also purchased our tickets like an hour before game time because they dropped like 1/2 the price.

I love the Saddledome, lol. There's something about it.

I've been to a few games at Rexall in Edmonton(pre-new arena) - There's a legend that the beers there had a little extra... oomph and It's hard to disagree when it's all said and done.
I was all set to go to tomorrow nights game in Vegas for my birthday with a bunch of guys. But both my sons ended up with travel hockey tournaments this weekend so the youths win out.

Reactions: sooshii

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
For me, the rinks I've been to are:

TD Garden
Montreal (both)
MSG
Florida
Calgary
Edmonton (both)
Ottawa
Chicago
Atlanta
Nashville
Washington DC
edit: Dallas (can't believe I forgot that one)
Gonna hit Vegas next Thursday night.

All were fun but......
My favorites are: Chicago, Nashville, Montreal, Dallas
Least favorite: Florida, Ottawa, Calgary (they need a new stadium......badly)

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
None, since I live across the country and they've already done the road trip to the two cities I could drive to.

I really wanted to go to the Saturday night game in LA at the start of the year but didn't have it in me to go there. It ended up being Looch's last game, possibly ever. Oh well.

I may go to a Ducks game at some point later in the year, they're usually fun and cheap. Next time we're in Vegas I'd be down for a Knights game too. It's just hard to plan that into traveling with other people sometimes.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Boston - Both the OG and current Garden
NY - A couple versions of MSG, various shades of lipstick on the pig
NYI - Barclays and Nassau
NJ - Prudential
Pittsburgh - The Igloo!
Buffalo - HSBC
Toronto - ACC
Montreal - Centre Bell
Ottawa - Scotiabank Place
Carolina - RBC
Washington - Capital One

I don't think I will make it to any games this season

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
1 in Boston 1 in Anaheim. Would love to get to a second game and I couldn't live in a better spot next to the train into North. When I went to a midweek Leafs game early on I knew that might be it.

I won't go vs a garbage opponent and weekends forget about it.

Jumped back on the waitlist for a single season ticket but doubt I get offered until its not worth it. Don't really regret giving them up far too much stress and money and I have other expensive hobbies.

Boston should add a second NHL team.

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I doubt I will ever attend another NHL game. Too expensive and that game I went to in Detroit was not a pleasurable experience. The audio in the arena was too loud, a shrieky female off ice promotion announcer screamed the whole time, and the music sucked. Had to scream to have a conversation.

No thanks....
THIS^^^^^ It's like you read my mind.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
1 in Boston 1 in Anaheim. Would love to get to a second game and I couldn't live in a better spot next to the train into North. When I went to a midweek Leafs game early on I knew that might be it.

I won't go vs a garbage opponent and weekends forget about it.

Jumped back on the waitlist for a single season ticket but doubt I get offered until its not worth it. Don't really regret giving them up far too much stress and money and I have other expensive hobbies.

Boston should add a second NHL team.
No offense to you but the chance of a second NHL team? Zero. Even Hartford couldn't keep a team and that's the closest to Boston that another NHL team tried to survive in.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
One thing that artificially restricts the market and drives up prices is they no longer allow season ticket holders to resell tickets at anything but Ticketmaster. Obviously there are ways around that since Stubhub and SeatGeek have some inventory but a lot of STHs might not want to risk it since the team explicitly says its not allowed. And smaller supply --> higher price

Person who recommended Vegas as a place to see a game: 100% agree, went twice in 2023, great experience there.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I've been to exactly three games in the past ten years. One, a 50th birthday gift from my family; two, a preseason game; three, a customer's generous bestowal of two tix to a Blackhawks game, which Gordoff and I attended.

That's it.

I simply cannot, and will not, pay the freight of an NHL game these days. And, to echo eightspokedb, the ridiculously loud music is a major repellent. There's a reason why tykes attending games with their parents wear... noise cancelling headphones.

I love live hockey -- it's how I fell in love with the game -- but at this point, its broadcast or bust.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I don't even think about buying alcohol in that building anymore either. Just crazy expensive.

Last edited:

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Unfortunately unless they make the cup I will not be seeing a game this year, I cant make all the games against teams withing driving distance to me (Winnipeg, Minneapolis)

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I used to go a lot, but won't be going this year as it's too expensive and i have too many other things to spend money on. My uncle had seasons when i was a kid and he'd take me 10-15 games a year. Spent a lot of time in the old Garden..

I go to Providence a lot. Much cheaper and less aggravation..

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I've been to:
Nassau Coliseum
Buffalo (current rink)
Toronto (current rink)
Winnipeg (current rink)
Edmonton (current rink)

The Saddledome probably is in serious need of an overhaul but I also liked it when we went there last year. It has a certain charm from a slightly simpler age and the vibe very much fits the whole stampede thing Calgary has going on. Edmonton's new arena up the road is great and modern and high-tech, and no question pound for pound it offers the attendee a better experience, but it's all rather soulless and there's nothing unique about it.

I hope whenever they upgrade or even replace the Saddledome they build something that still suits the city and isn't 'just another barn' like all the others.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Our section only had 8 seats because our section is divided by the tunnel. Then they added 2 more seats and made them smaller (no discount in price). They also had to make the tunnel less wide. The extra sticks used to be on a rolling rack but once they added the extra seats the tunnel wasn't wide enough for the rack. The equipment guys were not pleased.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad