How many games will the Sharks win this year?

How many games will the Sharks win this year?

• Total voters

Great Makohead Shork

Apr 25, 2022
Voted for 21, thought about defense, changed it 16-20. Still think we'll get over 50 points, but a chunk of that will come from OT losses. I do think Couture coming back will give the team a bit of a spark. Our center spine is really our only positional "strength"

Reactions: Sandisfan

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
8 and then we’ll lose the draft lottery to an original 6 team who finished with 55 more points than us.
Nah, Pittsburgh needs a new franchise player with Crosby and Malkin getting old, so they'll win the lottery. Their pick gets deferred to 2025. Celebrini is NHL ready and steps right in, Crosby/Letang/Malkin give one big last push, and Karlsson goes bazooka mode again so the Pens win the Stanley Cup. San Jose gets pick #32 in 2025...

Great Makohead Shork

Apr 25, 2022
8 and then we’ll lose the draft lottery to an original 6 team who finished with 55 more points than us.
Took four tries because the Oilers kept winning

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 22-50-59 Tankathon 2024 NHL Draft Order & Lottery Simulator.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 22-50-59 Tankathon 2024 NHL Draft Order & Lottery Simulator.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 10

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I'm having trouble seeing a version of this team that can win a game.
I think at least the top half of the league, idk how we win a game beyond some fluke early goal and turtling defense.

But against another team that's young and makes mistakes, i see us getting a few wins

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Y'all, we are bad, there's no way around it. But there is also no way that we are 9 wins or 15 wins bad.

Remember how we used to lose against the worst teams in the league when we were one of the best? Hell, Blackwood almost stole us a game where we were outshot 50+ to 21.

Hockey is a game of bounces. We'll win some, some teams will get drunk the night before a game with us, there will be injuries. We're currently down our 2C and Captain, and 3C in Granlund. That's a huge two pieces to be down, even if all they do is get us possession.

I voted 20-25. I think we get to 60 points this year and a guaranteed top 3 pick. Which is awesome for the future.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Y'all, we are bad, there's no way around it. But there is also no way that we are 9 wins or 15 wins bad.

Remember how we used to lose against the worst teams in the league when we were one of the best? Hell, Blackwood almost stole us a game where we were outshot 50+ to 21.

Hockey is a game of bounces. We'll win some, some teams will get drunk the night before a game with us, there will be injuries. We're currently down our 2C and Captain, and 3C in Granlund. That's a huge two pieces to be down, even if all they do is get us possession.

I voted 20-25. I think we get to 60 points this year and a guaranteed top 3 pick. Which is awesome for the future.

This team won 22 games last year with a Norris winning Karlsson who was in on about 40% of our total goal output. 15 wins is absolutely feasible and probably a decent over/under

Reactions: Sandisfan and Cas

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
How are there people that expect this team to win more then last season still? We lost Meier and Karlsson and replaced them with duclair/Hoffman and Burroughs/rutta.

Reactions: Sandisfan

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
This team won 22 games last year with a Norris winning Karlsson who was in on about 40% of our total goal output. 15 wins is absolutely feasible and probably a decent over/under
That team also, by all stats, had a higher expected win % and should have probably won more games in regulation or overtime than actually happened. Plus, Karlsson was minus. Like I said, we are very bad, and likely bottom 3, but 15 is a very low number. The good news is, we will find out in 6 months!

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
That team also, by all stats, had a higher expected win % and should have probably won more games in regulation or overtime than actually happened. Plus, Karlsson was minus. Like I said, we are very bad, and likely bottom 3, but 15 is a very low number. The good news is, we will find out in 6 months!
The main reason he was a minus was because he was on the ice for 22 goals against when the sharks had an empty net.

He was even at 5 on 5.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
The main reason he was a minus was because he was on the ice for 22 goals against when the sharks had an empty net.

He was even at 5 on 5.
(shrug) we'll all find out. I think 15 is too low. If I'm wrong, great, we are guaranteed top 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad