How many games will Morgan Reilly be suspended for?

How many games?

Votes: 2 2.1%

Votes: 2 2.1%

Votes: 6 6.3%

Votes: 3 3.2%

Votes: 10 10.5%

Votes: 22 23.2%

Votes: 33 34.7%
  • 7+

Votes: 17 17.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Cross check to the face after the fact that the game was stopped, should be 5 games at the very least

Dude tried to do a remake of Hunter/Turgeon there
And Hunter got 21 games and it wasn’t a cross check to the head. What Reilly did could have resulted in really serious injury to Greig. And if it was like the Moore injury Reilly might be looking at a very long suspension.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If you have a min, take another look. It's easy to miss but Rielly is aiming about 3 inches higher than center chest. The stick rides up Grieg's arm and into his neck.
So in this instance intent matters IMO

His arm is already at neck level.

It’s not at chest height, the reason it hits his hand is because Grieg raises his arm belatedly to defend his neck/head area.

Take another look.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Nope. Just means to option is there for over five. But common sense says six.
no. they cant suspend more than 5 without an in person hearing, so it opens up the possibility of a longer suspension.

kulikov had an in-person hearing for taking seguin out for 2-4 weeks and only got 4 games.

I swear I saw a rule or something today but no biggie, not really important unless you're a Leafs fan... But seeing as the Leafs only have 2 more ROW than Ottawa (and Sens have 2 games in hand), I think the Sens might catch them, which would be the ultimate "add insult to injury" :sarcasm:

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
If you have a min, take another look. It's easy to miss but Rielly is aiming about 3 inches higher than center chest. The stick rides up Grieg's arm and into his neck.
So in this instance intent matters IMO
Does it matter where Reilly was targeting though? He contacted the head with a cross check five seconds after the whistle. And while the other guy wasn’t looking because he’d just scored and was skating to his bench. Really Reilly is fortunate the suspension isn’t longer than six.
imagine the can of worms the league would open if they don’t really punish Reilly here. Any player who celebrates a goal that the other team finds disrespectful would be a target for attack.

Reactions: geebster

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
His arm is already at neck level.

It’s not at chest height, the reason it hits his hand is because Grieg raises his arm belatedly to defend his neck/head area.

Take another look.
Look at Rielly's right hand, its easier to see it's aimed just below the shoulder crest, then as Grieg tries to block it, it creates the perfect angle to direct it into his neck.

• Haha
Reactions: MardyBum

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Look at Rielly's right hand, its easier to see it's aimed just below the shoulder crest, then as Grieg tries to block it, it creates the perfect angle to direct it into his neck.

Definitely should have aimed a lot lower if he didn’t want to risk a head shot.

It‘a a cross check to the face. It’s gonna cost him some games.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Definitely should have aimed a lot lower if he didn’t want to risk a head shot.

It‘a a cross check to the face. It’s gonna cost him some games.
oh no doubt, maybe I am guessing low, but that more reflects the change in opinion on how severe I originally thought it was.
I had thought he went over and targeted his neck, but still he did end up hitting his neck, after the play so even 3 may be wishful thinking.

I think some posters aren’t understanding the poll and are voting for how “they” feel and not for what “the league” will actually do.
duh, I just got it lol changed my vote

Reactions: Fatass and NyQuil

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
a recent somewhat comparable hit got 6 games. wisdom of the crowd currently has it at 5 games. sounds like there was a vocal minority in the dops that didnt think this should be in person hearing, which suggests they were thinking less than 6 games. i think 2-3 games is as unlikely as 7+ games.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
a recent somewhat comparable hit got 6 games. wisdom of the crowd currently has it at 5 games. sounds like there was a vocal minority in the dops that didnt think this should be in person hearing, which suggests they were thinking less than 6 games. i think 2-3 games is as unlikely as 7+ games.
yup, anything other than 4, 5 or 6 will surprise me

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The leafs are so deep on D they will barely miss Reilly.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
He'll be suspended until the end of the year including playoffs.

The city of Toronto will break into riots and attack Gary Bettman.

/s

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
The leafs are so deep on D they will barely miss Reilly.
In an odd way, missing Rielly will help.
Ya see the Leafs are a very skilled team and the rest of the team kinda coasts because the skill does well enough.
Without Rielly, its going to mean the WHOLE team will have to give 100%.
With that in mind, I think they will do ok without Rielly for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad