How long until Mcdavid takes over league lead in points?

How many games played by Mcdavid before he leads the league?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
Oilers look baaaaaad once again and yet I wouldn't bet against him being in the lead by Game 20.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Conservatively around 30 game/halfway point, worst case, the final quarter of the season.

This is providing he has an injury free season.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
voted 21-30

he's pretty far back right now but the gap should narrow quite a bit as he catches up in games played,then it's just a matter of time

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Interesting to add that Kucherov and Stamkos had similar paces to what Matthews is putting up right now at the beginning of last season, and Mcdavid was nowhere to be seen in the top 20 of points, and still managed to absolutely blow everyone out of the water.

they stayed hot for quite a while longer than just this too

Stamkos had 35 points in his first 19 games last year(33 in 19 for Kucherov)

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Matthews at 16 in 7... let's say he scores 20 in the next 20 games to give him 36 in 27. McDavid would need 31 in the next 24 to catch him, which is probably a pretty sustainable pace for him. I'll say 21-30 to be on the conservative side
Last season he got 52ish points in his last 30ish games, so its definitely a pace Mcd can hold.

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
I'm always baffled when there is a "he will get injured" poll option for players that aren't injury prone. Explain how you vote for that option... Do you feel it in your bones?

Reactions: OilCanada92

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
I'm always baffled when there is a "he will get injured" poll option for players that aren't injury prone. Explain how you vote for that option... Do you feel it in your bones?
Anyone can get hurt, but i suppose i mostly wanted to differentiate the "He wont catch up" crowd from the "He wont get a chance to catch up" crowd.

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
Interesting to add that Kucherov and Stamkos had similar paces to what Matthews is putting up right now at the beginning of last season, and Mcdavid was nowhere to be seen in the top 20 of points, and still managed to absolutely blow everyone out of the water.

Didn't McDavid really take off once the Oilers were pretty much eliminated from playoff contention? Maybe the pressure was too much when the games mattered...

Reactions: bionic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad