Speculation: How has Folin performed?

Christian Folin performance in 18-19 season so far?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
How has Folin performed in the Flyers. Used to watch all of his games in MN and some in LA, but I'd like to know how he is doing currently!

Answered "good" myself, just because a fan and his +/- looks nice.

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I'm saying decent because I can't expect much from him. He is not a good player at baseline. He's a slow, unskilled dman. Dying breed in the NHL (good riddance). Blocks a lot of shots. Simply put he's right in line with my low expectations so he gets a "decent".

So long as he sees reasonable competition he holds his own. He'll cough up the puck periodically but it's nothing that makes you want to bash your head in UNLESS he's out there seeing top 4 minutes. Then he gets exposed and it hurts.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
I'm saying decent because I can't expect much from him. He is not a good player at baseline. He's a slow, unskilled dman. Dying breed in the NHL (good riddance). Blocks a lot of shots. Simply put he's right in line with my low expectations so he gets a "decent".

So long as he sees reasonable competition he holds his own. He'll cough up the puck periodically but it's nothing that makes you want to bash your head in UNLESS he's out there seeing top 4 minutes. Then he gets exposed and it hurts.
Sums it up for me as well. Voted bad, but nearly voted decent. Horrible skater though.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016

Nicely summed up, he is a type of dman to be useful on those slow structured defensive teams and so far has been lucky to land in good place every time he's been UFA. Dude has one hell of an agent.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Provorov, Ghost, Sanheim, and Gudas are all far better but Folin is better than Hagg and MacDonald, all for a #7 price.

He's been decent. Best praise I could really give him is that he's mostly invisible when he plays, which is an improvement over the noticeably detrimental play of Hagg and MacDonald.
Folin is not better than Hagg or MacDonald.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Folin has exceeded my expectations as a 6/7. He was awful in the preseason, but has done his job about as well as can be expected in the regular season. His play did fall off over the last month or so, but overall he’s been about as solid of a cheap, spare veteran defenseman as you’re going to get.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
These comments are identical to the ones he got in Minnesota and LA. Invisible is a good word to describe him in a good sense.

I would like to note that he has always been on the higher end of his teams +/- rating, and Imo his best asset is that he is dependable in his positioning and role.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
He has played well enough that I don’t hate him but meh enough that I don’t remember he’s on the team until the second period of each game. After going “oh yeah”, I promptly forget about him.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Folin is not better than Hagg or MacDonald.

We can agree to disagree on that one. McDonald is coming off a couple decent games right now, but Folin has been significantly better than him on the year. McDonald makes WAY more mistakes, specifically at crucial times.

Hagg doesn’t make that many mistakes but he just might be even more invisible than Folin IMO. (Other than our play by play guys screaming about his hits every 3 seconds). I’d probably rather Folin out there over Hagg, but I don’t have quite the Hagg hate that others do (not a fan by any means either though)...

But McDonald over Folin???? Wheh that’s a F NO from me dog.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I only noticed Folin twice last night. The first was his legal assassination of Skjel and the second was his unpressured tape-to-tape pass from his own zone to a Ranger player, immediately causing a rush the other way. So a 50/50 night of good and bad.
The penalty was absolutely turrrible.

But he’s the 5th best defenseman on the team right now imo.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad