How good you think Olen Zellweger is, will be? WJC included; 18 goals and almost 100 points "this season"

How good you think Olen Zellweger is, will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
So far "this season" Olen Zellweger has scored 18 goals and 80 assists,
that gives him 98 points (1.46 ppg), 2 shy of 100, 1 game left.
- he is also +65 with 27 penalty minutes

How good you think Olen Zellweger is, will be?
- was a huuuge steal at 34 overall (Anaheim Ducks)

Top 4 NHL potential ?
Top 2 Elite NHL potential ?
#1 Franchise NHL potential ?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Def not franchise type….

Potential would be top 2 elite, but he’ll more likely be a top 4 offensive dmen, pp qb…. And we’d be more than happy to with that.

Going to have a pretty offensive back end in the next few years with drysdale zellweger and Mintyukov.

Right now he’s putting together 1 of the best world juniors performances by an 18 year old…. He’ll be there in winter too, might put up some Canadian record breaking numbers when he’s done with world junior play.

Not even really a zellweger fan boy but man he knows how to shut doubters up. Lot of people doubted Canada for leaving their best dmen off the roster (Clarke) but I think over the last season, zellweger has shown he’s the top dog.

Reactions: Paul4587

Lavar Ball

Neva Lost
Apr 23, 2022
Chino Hills, CA
I could see him becoming one of the best offensive defenseman in the league, like a Quinn Hughes lite. I'm not convinced he will ever had the all round game to be considered a true elite #1 all-situations defenseman though

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
These poll options would be lofty for even the best prospects in the world.

Where’s the option for ”potential NHLer”?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
If all goes right a really good number two. It’s probably a safer bet that he’s a second pairing dman at the NHL level though. I think he’s a sure bet to play in the NHL at this point.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I’m going with top 4 ppqb. His height is keeping me humble until he can prove otherwise. The NHL is a different animal
Yeah I am curious to see how he will be able to defend at the NHL level. His skating is good but not elite and for a small d man it really needs to be elite to defend well. He sure has the offensive hockey iq and skillset thats for sure. Brannstrom was very elite at the same age too. But his skating holds him back at the NHL level.

Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
this is where some posters lose me

Adam Fox was putting up interesting numbers since he was like 14--

Zell in his first 2 seasons in jr got 25 pts and yes I know he got injured

and I do not believe his 5-11 stats some are talking about I say he is 5-9
His first seasons were covid riddled

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
His first seasons were covid riddled

?????

his 16/17 season was covid? The great thing about stats now--we can go back awhile

we have his stats going back to when he was 13--people bring up Fox as a comparison I that is what I found amusing

Covid hit in march 2020 and he had 12pts in 58 games

Oh you're just trolling I should save my fingers from typing.

do you know who either Greg Hawgood or Andy Delmore are?

Small D who thrived on the PP

trolling--people are comparing him to Adam Fox and others

Hawgood and Delmore and warning signs for posters falling in love with players with one good year

20/21 his team played 25 games--he played in 11
21/22 his played in 68 games he played in 55---was he suspended or injured?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Like a better version of Sam Girard maybe. Was really impressive in the WJCs. On the right top pairing I could see him doing well.

It'll be interesting to see what a NHL blueline looks like with both Drysdale and Zellweger on it.

Reactions: bsu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad