How fans act when their team does well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
As a Winnipeg Jets fan, I am unaccustomed to the situation where my team is actually doing well. Before, I would scoreboard watch, hoping all of the other sludge teams would lose so that we might have an outside shot at a wild card.

These days, I view the middling teams as insignificant entities, whose wins or losses are rarely of interest. After all, these mosquitoes are incapable of sustained success that would infringe on the rightful placing of my beloved team.

Those teams clearly out of the race earn my sneer as failed franchises, whose sad fans must now peddle their fading stars to us superior teams, hoping for our prospect scraps or late draft picks. Such a disgusting collection of rabble who won’t enter my sphere of concern for several years. A pity that any forum threads are devoted to these insufferable slugs.

Indeed, my station is amongst the elite. Perhaps one or two competing teams in my conference requires monitoring and maybe a team from the Eastern Barbarian Conference. After all, the Presidents’ Trophy is at play. Tut! Tut! Let the elite gallop amongst the commentary that scribes now (rightfully) devote to us.

I do much enjoy being in this new club. It is simply unimaginable to suffer throughout a season wondering if you will even qualify for the playoffs! Ridiculous to even think of mere survival!

To the fans of the other elite clubs, I bid you greetings. If there is a special forum where we can exhault about our properly constructed teams without listening to the peasant warblings of the lower station teams, I think I would very much prefer such a locale.

CuriousGeorge

Jun 8, 2007
As a Winnipeg Jets fan, I am unaccustomed to the situation where my team is actually doing well. Before, I would scoreboard watch, hoping all of the other sludge teams would lose so that we might have an outside shot at a wild card.

These days, I view the middling teams as insignificant entities, whose wins or losses are rarely of interest. After all, these mosquitoes are incapable of sustained success that would infringe on the rightful placing of my beloved team.

Those teams clearly out of the race earn my sneer as failed franchises, whose sad fans must now peddle their fading stars to us superior teams, hoping for our prospect scraps or late draft picks. Such a disgusting collection of rabble who won’t enter my sphere of concern for several years. A pity that any forum threads are devoted to these insufferable slugs.

Indeed, my station is amongst the elite. Perhaps one or two competing teams in my conference requires monitoring and maybe a team from the Eastern Barbarian Conference. After all, the Presidents’ Trophy is at play. Tut! Tut! Let the elite gallop amongst the commentary that scribes now (rightfully) devote to us.

I do much enjoy being in this new club. It is simply unimaginable to suffer throughout a season wondering if you will even qualify for the playoffs! Ridiculous to even think of mere survival!

To the fans of the other elite clubs, I bid you greetings. If there is a special forum where we can exhault about our properly constructed teams without listening to the peasant warblings of the lower station teams, I think I would very much prefer such a locale.
Whenever my team does well, I always act like a monkey.

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Felt like I was reading a poem or novel or something this was really well written. But to answer your question, I know exactly how you're feeling. When the Stars won the Central Division a couple of years back I rarely even glanced at the standings (only looked to see if we would win the central) but man is it nice not worrying about the playoffs basically from the start of the season. No better feeling. This year it's a little more stressful though because of how tight the race is and we aren't even a bad team

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

Your franchise has literally never won a playoff game, you may want to pump the breaks a bit here, slick.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014

How 'bout some spare change for this lowly Habs peasant?

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Is this a new copypasta? Old? Sounds like it could have been written by a Seattle Seahawks fan a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad