Speculation: How does the '22-'23 season end for St. Louis?

How does the 2022-2023 Blues season end?

• Miss the playoffs...barely or otherwise

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
It's very difficult to predict what a sum-of-the-parts style team will do in the postseason because you're mostly guessing about the state of injuries when April rolls around. Sum of the parts teams are strong when healthy because opponents can't shut any one area down and think they've got the game or series on lockdown, but injuries to any number of players throughout the lineup can seriously undermine the strategy. Whereas the more top-heavy teams need to keep their stars healthy.

If MacKinnon and Makar are healthy and playing a peak game it's a lot easier for Colorado to overcome an injury on the second pairing. If the Blues lost Krug or Faulk, which has happened each of the last two playoffs, then it has a more serious cascading effect. Predicting one round and out in this season is more like saying "the Blues will have just enough injury attrition to hold them back." Predicting a long run is also predicting excellent health.

Reactions: Brian39

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
It's very difficult to predict what a sum-of-the-parts style team will do in the postseason because you're mostly guessing about the state of injuries when April rolls around. Sum of the parts teams are strong when healthy because opponents can't shut any one area down and think they've got the game or series on lockdown, but injuries to any number of players throughout the lineup can seriously undermine the strategy. Whereas the more top-heavy teams need to keep their stars healthy.

If MacKinnon and Makar are healthy and playing a peak game it's a lot easier for Colorado to overcome an injury on the second pairing. If the Blues lost Krug or Faulk, which has happened each of the last two playoffs, then it has a more serious cascading effect. Predicting one round and out in this season is more like saying "the Blues will have just enough injury attrition to hold them back." Predicting a long run is also predicting excellent health.

That's an interesting point. I'll add that Army is a true businessman and understands the principle of diversification. He has designed this team to be a portfolio of assets with the intention of spreading risk rather than investing everything in a true superstar(s). That's why I'm buying what Army has been selling.

Reactions: Drubilly

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
78yxto.jpg

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I’ll see your Sarah Jane and raise it with my Ace.
Wait, wait, wait!!

You have Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana I (my personal favorite), Romana II and even Tegan in the final Tom Baker episode and your go-to response is Ace? ACE???!!!

SMDH.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
This team is currently NHL 8th worst. Even Philadelphia is better than us.

So much of contender like majority here think of.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad