How do you fix the Wings?

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
the funny thing is the Rangers even traded for Copp at the deadline and he did pretty well there but they still went out and got Trocheck instead when it came time for free agency instead of letting that attachment blind them
It's like people have a complete misunderstanding who the "free" applies to in the term free agency...

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
It strikes me that the same people who “saw through” Copp’s solid production from tdl through until the rangers were eliminated that season as a mirage and product of his deployment are seemingly thinking all of Trocheck’s production is worthy of great praise 🤔

Reactions: norrisnick

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I let out an expletive when we picked Zadina. Pierre and Bob were talking Hughes on the broadcast and I was the coach in the Waterboy so excited then….

Making this better, I had the draft on in another side room during a big family event. Most were happy about that pick, I just have rarely seen better passers of the puck than the Hughes boys, it is middle tape every time.
I can't lie I was happy when we drafted Zadina. I thought he was going to be a perennial 30 goal scorer for us, coupled with him boasting about filling other teams nets with pucks. I never thought he would be THIS bad and then Hughes and company would be this good. Holland made so many terrible picks in the last 5-6 years he was here and might win another cup shows me karma is a myth lol.

Does anyone remember when me and a few other people really wanted Yzerman to try and get Vincent Trochek, and (as far as we know), Yzerman didn't even try and signed Copp instead to a higher AAV?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

12p in 7 playoff games.
I'm pretty sure I remember that he did not wanna come here, but go to a contender

Last edited:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I'm pretty sure I remember that he did not wanna come here, but go to a contender
No no no, Yzerman should've listened to Roomba with a Bauer because he's so smart and Yzerman is so dumb. If only he would've just signed a player that maybe didn't have any interest in us at all we'd be the ones in the playoffs.

Reactions: Winged Wheel Willy

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
It's pretty much speculation, but I can see that. The Wings record was worse with Kane in the lineup than without, and that's a fact. Kane never struck me as a leader in Chicago even when he was clearly their best player. That was always Toews, Keith, Seabrook, Hossa, guys like Bolland and Byfuglien.

Also guys like Petry, Copp, Sprong, Compher and Fabbri seem like decent guys but none are the type to light a fire under their teammates asses. I think we'll see that more from our prospects like Mazur, Kasper, Edvinsson. And it's part of the reason I want Perron back.
Yeah - bad penalties, or naught - Perron comes across as a vet leader whom many of the guys are likely to rally around.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I let out an expletive when we picked Zadina. Pierre and Bob were talking Hughes on the broadcast and I was the coach in the Waterboy so excited then….

Making this better, I had the draft on in another side room during a big family event. Most were happy about that pick, I just have rarely seen better passers of the puck than the Hughes boys, it is middle tape every time.
What gets me was what did they see in Zadina when compared what they didn’t see in Hughes who just so happened to be playing down the road at U of M?

Reactions: Gniwder

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I hope AJo , Berggren, Mazur, Kasper and Danielson with Red Wings next season. I d rather see some of them playing limited time than spend time in AHL. It's not about next season, it's about future and if we don't make playoffs one more year, so be it, going to be excellent 2025 draft. 25-26 season when Yzerman should have clear picture what we need to do in free agency and make some big trades

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
No no no, Yzerman should've listened to Roomba with a Bauer because he's so smart and Yzerman is so dumb. If only he would've just signed a player that maybe didn't have any interest in us at all we'd be the ones in the playoffs.
He didn't even ship out bad contracts and spare parts to net a franchise player, is he stupid?

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
If you hadn't processed the kind of person that Kane was before he came here then I don't know what to tell you.
I don't think he had a negative impact on our players attitudes for the future, I thought he had a negative impact on the way they meshed together on the ice.

The kind of person he is brought a team to 3 cups.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
I don't think he had a negative impact on our players attitudes for the future, I thought he had a negative impact on the way they meshed together on the ice.

The kind of person he is brought a team to 3 cups.
I dont think he broke any of our players' future either and I never said anything about how good he is at hockey. He's a damn good player and won some cups. But he's a dick head and it made me sick seeing him in a Wings jersey. Hope he and his 3 cups go back to Chicago.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
It's like people have a complete misunderstanding who the "free" applies to in the term free agency...
NYR could have negotiated with Copp BEFORE free agency and didn't. The point was that NYR didn't want him. That should've been a red flag.

What gets me was what did they see in Zadina when compared what they didn’t see in Hughes who just so happened to be playing down the road at U of M?
To be fair, Zadina looked hellavu lot better in juniors than he has since. He was the top goal scorer in a weak draft class. You know Zadina ranks #9 in goals for 2018 draft?

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
If you're gonna respond to a post, you should read it first.
If you're going to make silly sweeping statements about negotiations and what they mean, I'm going to make silly sweeping statements in response.

Rangers should have seen the red flags of Carolina letting Trocheck walk...

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
If you're going to make silly sweeping statements about negotiations and what they mean, I'm going to make silly sweeping statements in response.

Rangers should have seen the red flags of Carolina letting Trocheck walk...
“We knew he was a good player, that’s why we got him,” Canes coach Rod Brind’Amour said, alluding to his team pilfering Trocheck from Florida at the 2020 trade deadline. “We tried to keep him. Didn’t work out.

“Business.”

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
“We knew he was a good player, that’s why we got him,” Canes coach Rod Brind’Amour said, alluding to his team pilfering Trocheck from Florida at the 2020 trade deadline. “We tried to keep him. Didn’t work out.

“Business.”

Why would they even talk if he's a skating red flag? So weird...

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Why would they even talk if he's a skating red flag? So weird...

Did you even read the article? NYR knew he wasn't 2C and wanted too much money.

"the two sides talked over the weekend, but there is reluctance to back off the big contract ask from Copp’s side (seven years at around $5.5 million per) and reluctance from the Rangers’ side to commit big term and dollars to a player who may not fit in the No. 2 center spot."

$5.5M was a red flag for them and Stevie gave him $5.6M, lol. It was a bad signing. Realbaad.

The end point is that NYR made the right choice and are in the playoffs, while the Red Wings are now golfing.

Last edited:

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Did you even read the article? NYR knew he wasn't 2C and wanted too much money.

"the two sides talked over the weekend, but there is reluctance to back off the big contract ask from Copp’s side (seven years at around $5.5 million per) and reluctance from the Rangers’ side to commit big term and dollars to a player who may not fit in the No. 2 center spot."

$5.5M was a red flag for them and Stevie gave him $5.6M, lol. It was a bad signing. Realbaad.

The end point is that NYR made the right choice and are in the playoffs, while the Red Wings are now golfing.
The same article that speculated Trocheck would come in under both figures? That one?

Swap them and both teams would still be in the exact same place.

Find a new windmill.

• Haha
Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
The same article that speculated Trocheck would come in under both figures? That one?

Swap them and both teams would still be in the exact same place.

Find a new windmill.
LOL. You realize the Wings missed the playoffs by one point, right? Or did you forget the whole season already? Like when Larkin missed a few games and the whole team looked like ass?

If you don't realize Trotchek is a better player than Copp, you might as well just stop discussing hockey.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
LOL. You realize the Wings missed the playoffs by one point, right? Or did you forget the whole season already? Like when Larkin missed a few games and the whole team looked like ass?

If you don't realize Trotchek is a better player than Copp, you might as well just stop discussing hockey.
Does Trocheck put the Wings in the 2nd round? No, no he doesn't.

Panarin is better than both so it doesn't really matter.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Does Trocheck put the Wings in the 2nd round? No, no he doesn't.

Panarin is better than both so it doesn't really matter.
Well shit then, might as well quite watching because the Wings aren't gonna be in the second round for a while. Let's sign Gagner and get Helm out of retirement since the team isn't gonna make the second round.

Honestly the dumbest argument for not signing the better player. Also, the Wings are now tied for the 6th longest playoff drought ever. I'd prefer to end that.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Just have the honesty and self-awareness that had Yzerman signed Trocheck to 7 years at $5.6M you'd be the leader of the "Trocheck sucks balls and someone better should have been signed instead" bandwagon.

If you think the difference between the Rangers and the Wings is the difference between Copp and Trocheck and not the rest of the rosters... I don't know what to tell you...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad