How do you feel today about the Leafs future.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
This is the stage where young playets get nhl development time in both the Ahl and Nhl for two or three years.

How our defensemen reach a Nhl quality and how quickly they develop is a big thing towards the teams success.

Its going to be fun to watch a team of homegrowns.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Figured I would update this once again. With Martin in, Polak in and Bernier out, I am pretty pleased.
We could have easily seen the Leafs trade away assets to bring in help now in hopes to compete sooner. We have seen this in the past and there was ample opportunity for the team to do it again. When you look at a player like Lucic, he was a player we would have thrown insane amounts of money at in the past.

Once again though we have a management group who are willing to be patient and try to do this right.

To be honest I am hoping this is all we do. Maybe sign a back up but other than that I kind of want to see which players are going to grab some NHL ice time next year.

Come puck drop in October we'll see who is in the line-up.

Obviously, the Leafs are not going to get worse ... at least until expansion.

I wouldn't be surprised if they used some of their futures for a present.

Getting a few top 5 picks should do wonders for your future, we'll see in the next couple of years.

It would be disappointing if they don't have 2 players fighting for the Calder this year (Marner & Matthews).

Mad Brills*

this team has now had over the past 5 seasons, 4 top 8 draft picks.

Should be enough for a rebuild.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
this team has now had over the past 5 seasons, 4 top 8 draft picks.

Should be enough for a rebuild.

Additional info on top 8 draft picks over the last 5 seasons:

• Qty 5 picks = Edmonton
  • Qty 4 picks = Toronto & Buffalo
  • Qty 3 picks = CBJ, Calgary, Carolina

Not too surprisingly, none of the above teams have made many/multiple playoff appearances, or deep playoff runs. Rebuilt? Hmmm .......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad