How Do You Expect To Feel About The Avs Deadline?

How Do You Expect To Feel About The Avs Deadline?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
This is the first of three different polls on the Avs trade deadline. One right now before the deadline, a second immediately after the deadline, and a third after the season is over.

Will be interesting to see how our expectations compare to our feelings after the deadline, and then with the benefit of hindsight.

Feel free to add any comments here, but most general trade talk can probably go in the trade thread.

Reactions: Snow Arc

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
I think they are in too desperate a situation. Other teams know it and are likely gouging them wrt to trade offers. I don’t like how conservative CMac is but if he’s holding off because of prices or lack of quality choices then I’m all for it. Nothing will close a window faster than a bad trade or two made out of desperation.

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
To be disappointed I need to expect something. Like, I wasn't really disappointed with the new Indiana Jones movie but that was because I expected an absolute shitshow. So yeah...

Reactions: Snow Arc

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
I feel like the answer is obvious but this management rarely does the obvious thing. Not saying they do a lot of bad but everything comes out of left field.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Nothing will close a window faster than a bad trade or two made out of desperation.

Yeah, and the window will be closed even faster with this conservative bullshit we allready witnessed last year.

Its ok to call last season a "nightmare of a season" and so CMAC did nothing to boost the team (ok, beside the dumb trade for Eller and the waste of a 2nd Rounder).

If he does that again this season and waste a career-year of MacKinnon, i get the feeling Mac himself will walk into his office......

Hell, he should have solved our 2C problem months ago. Like last season, the prices will get higher and higher.....

btw: i voted "satisfied"... I do not believe that this TDL ends in another failure... It just cannot....

Last edited:

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Went with "very disappointed." I'm of the mind that, for the next couple of seasons, not going all-in for the cup every year is a massive failure. So, anything less than an annual all-in effort therefore leaves me disappointed. This core is too good to waste in their primes.

But I think the club, as we've seen them this season, is pretty far off. Albeit, there are massive question marks surrounding Nuke as well as Landy's potential playoff return, which could give them a big boost for a shot at a run -- but since it's unknowable right now, I'll set that aside. With what's been a not very difficult schedule (IMO), MacKinnon having the best season of his career, and the top guys being vastly overplayed, the team is having a good regular season but nothing spectacular. They certainly don't look like the team that did win a cup.

With that team as the "what it takes" reference...I'm of the mind that anything less than going out and getting a top end #2 center (along with a high-end backup goalie and defensive depth) will mean the roster won't have what it realistically takes. But I just don't see a top end #2 center moving this deadline. I'd love to be surprised and see them make a big move for someone with upside who could pop here (Zegras, Mittelstadt) but I doubt those guys move here...and if they do, it very much feels like an offseason trade.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
tenor.gif

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I’ll be optimistic and say satisfied. I think Byram is gone though. It’s going to be interesting to see if we have a trade deadline like 2022 or last years with the latter being extremely disappointing.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I'm optimistic, but my expectations aren't super high.

Figuring out the goalie situation behind Georgiev is a must. I'll be over the moon if Colorado adds a bonafide 2C, though sadly don't expect it. But, if they could add a good middle-6 center and a good 4th line center (both of which should be doable), I think it would strengthen the team substantially.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Before we won the cup in '22 there was a lot of talk about going all in, we had to win at least one cup with this core. Most people would be satisfied with one cup, and that much was stated several times - just find a way to win a cup.

Now, just two years removed from winning we are talking about firing CMac AND Sakic? Winning a cup is hard, we were lucky to be so dominant. No team has come close to that in the cap era. That's a team Sakic and CMac built, and we are unlikely to ever be able to ice a team that good again.

Neither will be fired until we start missing the playoffs. We are going into our 7th straight playoff appearance. No one is getting fired.

You're entitled to be disappointed with TDL and off season moves, but I think you're deluded if you think either of their jobs are on the line right now.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
If they repeat the same bs again everyone from the players to the fans will be pissed.

Just a way too cautious management team wasting their contending window, at least they won it once. Imagine if CMac/Sakic was in charge of Tampa during their cup runs, they might have not won a damn thing.

Reactions: The Moops

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad