Hotels in Montreal for World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inertiatic

Mar 2, 2002
Montreal, Canada
CrAzY_NiNe said:
PEEL PUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

****ing big ass trio of food for like 3:50, and beer isn't that expensive. Can get really drunk easy there :D

Listen to this man :yo: Peel Pub and Foufounes Electronique have the cheapest alcohol in Montreal. 1.25$ CAN a beer or a shot. Have fun getting loaded guys!

hockeyscribe22*

Pubs, hotels

Some one nailed it here! Peel St. Pub. Cheap beer, average pub food.

Also try McLean's on I believe its on Peel too. Great staff, big screen, awesome food and great drinks. Good Irish, Scottish pub atmosphere! If there is a big, scary, tatooed English bouncer working, tell him Murph from Boston sent ya and I'll be coming so get ready!

NYKS (Bleury St.) is a great place too. Good bands, Good food, and good beer! Know the owner so I might get a break price wise but the prices didn't look that bad anyways!

As for hotels, Hotwire has been my best bet. Got a room for $78 American at the Sheraton Centre downtown, across from the Belle Centre pretty much. Absolutely the most comfortable beds I've slept in and a beautiful hotel. Can't beat the price for the ambience and location!

Some one mentioned The Hotel Maritime...DON'T Stay there!!!!!!!!!!! Dump! Also if its hot, their AC sucks!

Finally if anyone is thinking of hitting the ballet (my fancy name for a strip club), beware of St. Catherine's! When they know the tourist pop is heavy they hike the prices! Try and find a place on a side street!

Best of luck and hope to see you all there!

Slainte,

Murph

hockeyscribe22*

Bruin Ron...

Up in the air mate. Pondering heading up early on Saturday 8/28 and staying at my friend's pad on Bleury St. for two nights. Hanging out, seeing the sites and hopefully some good bands and then I have the Sheraton Centre booked from Monday to Thursday for the games.

By the way, another thing to checkout is the local music scene down in the St. Laurent section. NOT THE TOWN!

Le Swimming usually has a good variety and last time I was there they had probably the best bar game ever, bubble hockey (USA vs. Canada)!

Bruin_Ron

Jan 29, 2004
Montreal
www.missingkids.com
Nice to see Le Swimming getting some recognition. I have quite a few buddies who play le Swimming.

If you're up for it and the timing's right we should hook up for a beer or something. Keep me posted

Ron

Histrion

Feb 13, 2003
Badger Bob said:
If he wants to eat in style, Chateau Queux or Chez le mere Michel are two of the finest French restos with outstanding wine lists.

Well.. If you really want to eat in style, you should look for Toqué!. As for the great great food at a decent price, you should look for Au Pied de Cochon on the Plateau Mont-Royal. Other standout restaurants include Le Latini (italian food) and a freaking bunch of restaurant of which I'm forgetting the name. Oh.. and there's the Beaver Club at the Queen Elizabeth hotel.

hockeyscribe22*

Bruin Ron

For sure! Once I figure out my plans, I'll shoot you an e-mail. Any other Bruins fans are more than welcome to join us!

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
My 2 friends used hotwire on our trip to Montreal in October 2002. We stayed at the Crowne Plaza for like $73 a night US, plus a charge for a cot, since it was a 2-occupancy room. Excellent for the price, and we were on the 23rd floor, out of 24, I believe. Nice view. Also, Peel St. was a lot of fun. They had PITCHERS of Sex on the Beach for like $14-15 CAN.

P.S. We watched the Flyers beat the Habs 6-2, and were utterly obnoxious Americans about it in their home arena. I even had a (joking sign) that read "54-40 OR FIGHT!" :lol It was LeClair's 4-goal game. Last time I remember being in awe of that man's skills. :banghead:

Habfansincebirth

Jul 15, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
NCAA Hockey Fan said:
Anybody know anything about the Delta Montreal hotel? I got it for 73$ a night through hotwire. I looked at the website and it looks pretty good and it's close to the Metro.

It is on President Kennedy, right downtown. great location , a longish walk or short cab ride to the Bell Centre. Great price btw.

oli500

Aug 22, 2003
Kitchener
Visit site
3 years ago I went to montreal with a freind for march break and I stayed at the travellodge hotel in downtown montreal. It was on rene leveque street if my memory serves me right. Its a 10 minute walk to the bell center. I beleive I paid 45$ per night. For 5 nights it was a total of I think 350$ for two people. The price could of change overtime but you can allways chek it out.

college hockey

Jun 8, 2004
Maine
Habfansincebirth said:
It is on President Kennedy, right downtown. great location , a longish walk or short cab ride to the Bell Centre. Great price btw.
Thanks for the help. It looks like there are 2 metro stops around the hotel as well? Which will probably be the mode of transportation with the beers involved :D

flamesfever

Jun 30, 2004
I have booked my room at the Best Western about a half a block from the Bell Centre. I have stayed there before and it isn't to expensive from what I remember, plus you don't need a cab and its walking distance from the cool nightlife clubs, pubs and more adult oriented clubs.

www.europahotelmontreal.com/

Not sure this is chat room permited but I have two extra tickets to both games in montreal Sec. 116 face value email me at [email protected]

growne

Apr 27, 2004
Barcelona
Inertiatic said:
Listen to this man :yo: Peel Pub and Foufounes Electronique have the cheapest alcohol in Montreal. 1.25$ CAN a beer or a shot. Have fun getting loaded guys!

My cheap alcohol schedule works like this: Monday's at Peel Pub for $7 pitchers (I'll be there tonight :yo: ), Wednesday's at Cheers on Mackay for Ladies' Night (get a girl to buy you drinks... $1/drink) and then Thursday back at the Peel Pub for the 99c shooters.

EDIT - This is for downtown bars, there are some other great deals but not around the Bell Centre (that I know of). For Crescent St., forget Newtown, go to Brutopia or Madhatters (Below St. Catherines) for some cheaper spots. Everything between St. Cats and Sherbrooke is just way too pricey.

Last edited:

Bruin_Ron

Jan 29, 2004
Montreal
www.missingkids.com
flamesfever said:
I have booked my room at the Best Western about a half a block from the Bell Centre. I have stayed there before and it isn't to expensive from what I remember, plus you don't need a cab and its walking distance from the cool nightlife clubs, pubs and more adult oriented clubs.

www.europahotelmontreal.com/

Not sure this is chat room permited but I have two extra tickets to both games in montreal Sec. 116 face value email me at [email protected]

Check your PM's and email, buddy

hockeyscribe22*

Checkout 1221 Pub at 1221 Crescent St.

I'll have details shortly but plan on being there on August 30, 7-10 PM if you're a hockey fan. Good deals and fun atmosphere!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad