Pre-Game Talk: Hossa out vs Jets, Seabrook and Anisimov in

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
At this point, the rest for Hossa might be more valuable.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
How the **** do all our guys keep getting sick? This happened before the allstar break, when a bunch of guys got sick and we had guys out constantly.

We've been fine for months and now illness rears its ugly head again. Anisimov, Seabrook, and now Hossa? Who the hell is next? Terrible time for this.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I predicted the win and score for the Calgary game, so I'll try it again on this one and say 4-1 Hawks.

Wonder if Hossa is just being rested, or if he's banged up? The rest would do him good going into the playoffs. Or maybe he's getting a cortisone shot in his back for the PO's...

(Hossa is sick it looks like).

There is definitely something going around Chicago, though. I had it a couple weeks ago, and it's a nasty cold. It took me a week+ to kick it in the ass.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Hossa has already had more maintenance days off than anyone else on the tea..plus his time off when injured before.He cannot be "tired" unless he has prematurely aged so badly he is now capable of only playing a 50 game season ..in which case he no longer belongs in the nhl.

IF he is legitimately sick..different story...But if this is Q "resting" home. .again..then what are we gonna do with him going forward? Stick with him next season...Maybe am out in the expansion draft a year after next season.But what will he produce next year..a further decline to 5 goals and 40 game seasons and 42 "rest" games. SORRY to be hard on the poor old geezer .but reality is reality and it definitely is becoming an al atross now.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
Hossa has already had more maintenance days off than anyone else on the tea..plus his time off when injured before.He cannot be "tired" unless he has prematurely aged so badly he is now capable of only playing a 50 game season ..in which case he no longer belongs in the nhl.

IF he is legitimately sick..different story...But if this is Q "resting" home. .again..then what are we gonna do with him going forward? Stick with him next season...Maybe am out in the expansion draft a year after next season.But what will he produce next year..a further decline to 5 goals and 40 game seasons and 42 "rest" games. SORRY to be hard on the poor old geezer .but reality is reality and it definitely is becoming an al atross now.

Is Q's Resting Home located anywhere near the Country Club?

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Mash in for Panik. Ugh. Teravainen has been starting to play really well at his natural position with good linemates.... ah **** it, lets throw Mash on his line. :facepalm:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Damn, didn't realize Mash was in until SaadFather made mention of it.

Such a mistake. We all know Mashinter won't be drawing into the lineup come playoff time. Giving him minutes instead of Panik or even Rasmussen is a mistake. Not like either of those guys are tired from being overworked...

Q gonna Q I guess.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I wouldn't bet on that. :shakehead:amazed::rant:

I would.

Q likes Mash in the regular season. He liked Carcillo in the regular season before that. Carbomb didn't play one game in the playoffs last and he's a huge upgrade over Mash.

Q only plays enforcers in playoff games when he's shorthanded. But all of Toews, Kane, Hossa, Panarin, Anisimov, Ladd, Kruger, Teravainen, Flash, Desjardins, and Shaw all have Q's full trust and will all play as long as they are healthy.

That leaves one spot open in the lineup. In a playoff game, I think Q goes with Panik, Rasmussen, and Weise over Mash. Hell, wouldn't surprise me to see Bickell recalled and be given a chance by Q. Both are terrible players but at least Bickell has had previous success in the playoffs.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I wouldn't bet on that. :shakehead:amazed::rant:

Tell me about it, many here would have bet Bollig wouldn't have been on the line up when there was 5 forwards better than him scratched yet he was in almost every playoff game in 2014 minus the games where he was suspended and I suspect we wouldnt have won that first round if the league didnt do us the favor of suspending him, he single handily killed that entire 4th line because he did absolutely nothing right. Q and Crawford via Bollig lost the 2014 Stanley cup. Controversial comment at the end but truth be told. Dont question Q my back end, he knows how to get the players up to the games and play a good system but he does not know how to ice the best team and that is fact. What does Panik need to do to stay in the line up? Score every game? Because it looks like that is what he is expecting from a 4th liner, he brings energy, he hits, he scores, he cycles the puck well, makes safe plays, why on earth is he not in the lineup???

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Mash in for Panik. Ugh. Teravainen has been starting to play really well at his natural position with good linemates.... ah **** it, lets throw Mash on his line. :facepalm:

Still baffled by some of these moves, Panic sitting and Mash in? :(

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Q always talking about making these "hard decisions" of who to put in the line up when everyone is healthy, the only hard decision to be made is who to sit for these 3

DJ, Weise or Panik

Rasmussen and Mash sit and I dont care about what position they play, if we need a center then Shaw gets in there for that game, and you let Panik and Weise play, its incredibly stupid to be sitting Weise or Panik now especially edging playoff time.

Panik had played better than half of the team in the past handful of games, I would not be mad if DJ sits and he plays but that meaning Mash and Rass are out as well and Weise in when everyone healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad