Seravalli: Horvat Contract Discussion

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Meh. If they signed Miller after everything that was circulated in the media I’m sure they are willing to sign Horvat.

If not, he’ll be dealt the the highest bidder at the deadline.

Win-win for both parties, nothing to see here.

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
The press was way off on the Miller and Boeser negotiations and signing. I don’t think this management group leaks much, unlike the last one. I’m confident that there is no way that they started the negotiations with a 5. Click bait.
Management wouldn’t be the one leaking that number.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ya Horvat could easily get $8M if he chased the money as a UFA. But, he strikes me as the type that won't do that completely. He'd take a little less for long term security and to play on a good team if not Vancouver. That said, something starting with a 5 is pretty insulting if true.

I think the Landeskog contract is close to what he gets. 7x7M with a contender sort of deal or maybe like 8x6.75M if with Vancouver.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
$53M/ 7 or 8years, because for whatever reason hockey players seem to do cute shit with their jersey numbers in their contracts

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
And Boeser is a significantly worse player than Horvat.

Horvat will start with an $8 is my guess. Upper $7s maybe.

Then canucks will always be bad signing contracts like that

(I'm a canucks fan)

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I mean they have miller and petey down the middle…

Idk if it makes a ton of sense keeping him going forward. He’s too good to be a #3C imo.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Boeser isn’t good and he’s getting $6.65mm per.

Horvat isn’t worth less than Boeser.

Eh, higher highs and lower lows for Boeser. He was a better player in the Covid season too. Horvat deserves more, but not much more. He’s pretty overrated by some. It wouldn’t be opposed to moving on if there was a better use for money

Reactions: CherryToke

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad