Horton or M.Richards

Status
Not open for further replies.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
easton122 said:
Richards is more valuable than prospects better than him with much higher upside. Believe me I think Horton is one of the top young players in the game and if he didn't have any injury troubles I wouldn't deal Richards for him. Richards is the type of player that championship teams have.

I would deal Jeff Carter + for Nathan Horton though.
biglaugh.gif

Yeah, panthers fans wouldnt. Richards is gonna be a very very good player though.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
Richards this year and next, but after that who knows. Richards has an EXCELLENT supporting cast on his team; the Flyers have very skilled experienced forwards who can support Richards. Horton on the other hand is on a very young Panthers team that's still learning to play the game. I think eventually Horton's teammates might rival that of Richards', but Richards is more of a lock for consistent good numbers(again, due to team support, not necessarily Horton v. Richards individually).

Transported Upstater

easton122 said:
Richards is more valuable than prospects better than him with much higher upside. Believe me I think Horton is one of the top young players in the game and if he didn't have any injury troubles I wouldn't deal Richards for him. Richards is the type of player that championship teams have.

I would deal Jeff Carter + for Nathan Horton though.

Would I give up Carter to get Horton? Absolutely, and I'd be laughing all the way to the bank.

Would I give up Horton to get Carter AND Richards? You'd have to be the world's biggest Panther homer to not take that one.

Would I give up Horton to get Richards? Absolutely not.

Bottom line, for me, is that neither Carter or Richards is Horton's equal in a 1-1 swap IMO. However, if I were the Florida Panthers, and the Flyers offered me Richards AND Carter for Horton, Horton would be on his way to meet Bobby Clarke faster than you could say "Broad Street Bullies."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad