Confirmed with Link: Horak & Jones assigned to Abbotsford; Aliu recalled

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
say8znZ.png

"Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen it."
This is pure gold.

I hope you're right about Feaster. But to be honest it's more far-fetched to think that an intelligent man with at least some competent staff would be making these moves in order to try and win actual hockey games.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
I understand the Aliu call up was to add some modicum of truculence to the team, but I can't help but wonder if the demotions of Jones and Horak are Feaster's subtle way of saying 'screw it, lets tank'. No GM could be that stupid to think having one natural centre on the roster, and that centre being Matt Stajan, is a recipe for success. Or a recipe for anything but a lottery pick. Especially when the key to success in the NHL is having strength, size and skill down the middle.

You might be on to something.. But can we really expect Feaster to come up with something this good? I hope this is the case.. I really hate losing on purpose or "tanking" for a good draft pick but with a shortened season like this I don't mind it as much.. If the players get used to a losing attitude we're gona end up like the Oilers... Having all kinds of talented players and still can't win any games.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Is Horak that bad ??

No, I felt he performed well, just like Street when he was here. He wasn't winning many faceoffs though (but then again who was?). Probably an attempt to get that tougher tough guy that will do something if our goalie gets run over.

Devilspuppet666

Dec 25, 2010
Calgary
This is pure gold.

I hope you're right about Feaster. But to be honest it's more far-fetched to think that an intelligent man with at least some competent staff would be making these moves in order to try and win actual hockey games.

idk if there trying to win... it is the perfect season to Bomb and get a high draft pick

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Seems like a crackpot theory to me lol, to me it looks like Feaster and co. are just trying to make something happen with this team, anything.

Gary83*

I'd rather we quit making fools of ourselves on the main board. The last two threads have been bad enough already.

That's flameaholic, I'm still not sure if he's a flames fan or just making these doomsday threads everytime we lose a game.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Recent line rushes have Comeau on the 3rd line and Cervenka scratched. Maybe they are tanking...

Cervanka not doing much these days. As a pending UFA, they need to make a choice of signing him for next year or perhaps trading him for a draft pick.

But unless his play improves, it's hard to imagine anyone giving much up for him.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
If Cervenka is scratched than this management group is more incompetent than I previously though. At least the guy has put up some points.

There are players, Comeau being one that deserve to be scratched first.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Cervanka not doing much these days. As a pending UFA, they need to make a choice of signing him for next year or perhaps trading him for a draft pick.

But unless his play improves, it's hard to imagine anyone giving much up for him.

Doesn't matter, he's shown signs of how good he can be.. Comeau's just been useless. He had one good shift on that Begin goal but thats it... Maybe Cervenka hasn't done much lately but he's still the better choice than Comeau

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

Cervenka has been fine, he is clearly slower than he was in the KHL last year and most likely due to missing so much time this year. It would be stupid to move him.

LukeD

On Fire
Apr 1, 2012
Nova Scotia

Already giving up on Cervenka? :laugh:

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Lines at practice:

@Fan960Steinberg: #Flames lines: Tanguay-Stajan-Iginla; Glencross-Cammalleri-Stempniak; Hudler-Comeau-Baertschi; Aliu-Begin-Jackman
Seems like some odd combinations to me. I guess Hartley is simply trying anything new at this point to try and find a spark of some sort. My guess is if Sven is good to go, the lines will stay like that. If he's not ready I guess Cervenka takes his spot. Interesting to see Sven playing on the RW as well... And Cammalleri playing center seems like a bad idea, we've tried this before and it hasn't worked. He's to small for center we need him sneaking in on the wings.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
@Fan960Steinberg:
#Flames lines: Tanguay-Stajan-Iginla; Glencross-Cammalleri-Stempniak; Hudler-Comeau-Baertschi; Aliu-Begin-Jackman

Um... Comeau being forced at centre, vs. putting Cervenka between Hudler & Baertschi?

:facepalm:
Mailing it in for MacKinnon, Sinking for Seth, or how did it go again?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad