OT: Honor and Courage: Eric Cairns

scott99

May 13, 2005
Cool video. I've always really liked Cairns. Especially for that epic beat down of Corson in the playoffs.

That was a great video, and always loved the Cairns beat downs. He was a good guy to have on the team, and happy he's still with the organization.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I don't think anyone questions Cairns ability to throw a beatdown or his effort on the ice, but he was a bit of a liability in his own end.

Cool vid though. Always love to hear the on ice antics b/t players.

Trottier - "Bellows!!! You......"

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
missed micheletti at first, but then liked Jaffe a lot. now when I hear micheletti on rangers broadcast, don't miss him at all! still miss Jaffe though....

oh, liked cairns too. glad he stayed in the organization doing player development. (is he still doing that?)

Jaffe was great. I was disgusted when we let him go. Sure, he had no Isles connections (that I know of), but he was a great hockey guy.

Michelletti, on the other hand, always just struck me as a former player bull****ing his way through announcing. He never really seemed to add much knowledge, he's one of those color guys who just declares obvious things as if they're insight. He seems more at home as a Rangers shill.

Yeah, Butch Goring has his faults as a commentator. (And, according to Hahn's/Botte's book, he had all those same rhetorical flaws as a coach.) But he loves this team and his life clearly revolves around the organization. I can respect/appreciate that.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
missed micheletti at first, but then liked Jaffe a lot. now when I hear micheletti on rangers broadcast, don't miss him at all! still miss Jaffe though....

oh, liked cairns too. glad he stayed in the organization doing player development. (is he still doing that?)

Jaffe really knows the game and rarely sugarcoats things, which makes him enjoyable to listen to. Micheletti isn't very good.

Cairns is still doing player development as far as I know.

islesfan66

Nov 6, 2013
didn't jagr say once that cairns was the most under rated dman in the league and he hated playing against him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad