GDT: Holy Crap There's A Game in a Few Hours! (vs Dallas, 24-Nov)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Flames beat themselves. again.
I'm not sold about this combo of defensemen the Flames have. I'd be up for a shakeup. The turnovers were just insanity...

Reactions: Kahvi and Pomee

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Brodie-Stone
Kulak-Hamonic

try it for 1 game GG
Honestly, I'd do

Gio-Brodie
Hamonic-Stone
Kulak-Hamilton

Get Brodie under Gio's safety net again and rebuild his confidence. Get Hamonic and Stone - a second pairing that can probably defend better than Brodie and Hamilton have done so far. Roll the three pairings evenly .

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Honestly, I'd do

Gio-Brodie
Hamonic-Stone
Kulak-Hamilton

Get Brodie under Gio's safety net again and rebuild his confidence. Get Hamonic and Stone - a second pairing that can probably defend better than Brodie and Hamilton have done so far. Roll the three pairings evenly .
Hamonic Stone would be awful. I don't like either of their ability to move the puck. But at the same time it would give us two good pairings instead of one.

Two guys I've seen kind of mentioned hand in hand on the trade boards in the past are Hamonic and Tanev. Do you think Tanev could have been had for similar value to Hamonic? Because he's a true defensive D man and absolutely fantastic at it.

Last edited:

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Scored four goals, and the only forward out of the top three with a point is Brouwer, with one assist while he was on the top line IIRC.

Even when the team is scoring, secondary scoring is still an issue.

In fairness, the third line did generate many chances. If they maintain their play, it's difficult not to seem them produce more frequently.

Reactions: Pomee

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Didn't like the Hamonic trade when it happened, like it even less now. Could of got a comparable guy from Vegas for a fart. Or Mike Green from Detroit for 1 of those picks and a lesser prospect.

This games not on him and I'm still holding out hope he turns it around, but nothing he's done so far screams shutdown dman.

Reactions: Pomee and Dack

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Our boneheaded coach is just a idiot, why would you sent out the 4th line out with 5 minutes left. The D needs to learn how to play D.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Our boneheaded coach is just a idiot, why would you sent out the 4th line out with 5 minutes left. The D needs to learn how to play D.

He doesnt manage lines...they just take turns

He is as average as can be. Chances are he wont survive this year.

Reactions: viper0220

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Atrocious defending from the Flames tonight.

Brodie terrible, Stone awful turnover (though the 2 monkey forwards don't even try for the pass), Hamilton looking like a CHL outcast tonight holy God. Hamilton has been awful this year.

Can't believe in a game where 3 d-men play like CHL players people are complaining about Kulak and Hamonic. Give me a break.

Reactions: Pomee

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Hamonic has been as bad as those others. He's been brutal this year.

Hamonic hasn't been no where near as bad as Hamilton or even Brodie this year. I don't think he has been amazing, but he's learning a new (s****) system whereas Brodie and Hamilton have had this terrible system learned for a year + now.

Especially in a game where Hamilton, Brodie and Stone lead the Flames with 4 turnovers leading to goals and Hamonic isn't at fault for anything, he gets called out. please

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Two of the three players on line four this year spend most of last year on line three. Gulutzan doesn't really see them as a fourth line. He sees them as last year's 3rd line with a different center.

Flames get what they deserve for keeping GG employed. How many times does the 4th line have to get burned late in close games before he's fired?

May 23, 2007
Calgary
Wonder if GG will do a defensive pairing shuffle? Something is not clicking for any of the pairings defensively.

Or will he just continue to put the 4th line and 3rd pairing on the ice at the same time with only a couple minutes left in the game?

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
I honestly thought hamonic has a good game today, ofc that penalty was stupid af but he was solid. Brodie is fighting the puck in ways i have never seen before, it baffling how much he misses the puck or mishandles it now. Hamilton is playing like he did when he first came here i thought, just soft on the puck, keep turning the puck over. Its truly baffling how much this D core has under achieved this year, they better get it together soon or its gonna be a painful season.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Anyone else over Hamilton? Get this loser off the team. Just dumb and lazy plays night after night.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Flames beat themselves. again.
I'm not sold about this combo of defensemen the Flames have. I'd be up for a shakeup. The turnovers were just insanity...

A game Flames should have won, but did not deserve to win. Stupid mistakes by the D.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Anyone else over Hamilton? Get this loser off the team. Just dumb and lazy plays night after night.
Yeah but still not as brain dead as brodie this season, hence the dilemma.
Let's trade whichever we can get the most for and use the pieces to get another scoring piece up front and a more steady defender. Or try and get someone like Vlasic and just hope the secondary scoring somehow works itself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad