Prospect Info: Holy Crap! Button has Andrew Copp as an A List Prospect !

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I expect tosee the Jets signing him after Michigan is done in late March. His 3 yr ELC will start this year and will burn one of his ELC years. He will then stay up with the Jets for the rest of the year earning a NHL paycheck for the last month of the season on the expanded roster after the trade deadline.

The perks for Copp being ;
1) a 92 k signing bonus in march
2) a 2 nd 92 k signing bonus for yr 2 of his ELC in July
3) a NHL paycheck for the last month of the season this year
4) practise and maybe play with NHL club at end of this season and hopefully playoffs
5) burn 1 st year of ELC getting him closer to bigger payday in NHL

Perks for Jets;

1) getting him signed. The Jets do not want to take chance of him playing his senior year and having him be able to go UFA in Aug of 2016 when he is done college. Losing one year of ELC is a small price to pay. Copp was drafted in 2013 but he went I undrafted in 2012 ..... So this is draft + 3 year..... He is ready not anything left for him to learn I college hockey.

Hopefully the guaranteed aprox $300 k in $ btw march and July and the burning of 1 yr of ELC will persuade Copp to turn pro and not go back for his senior year of college.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I expect tosee the Jets signing him after Michigan is done in late March. His 3 yr ELC will start this year and will burn one of his ELC years. He will then stay up with the Jets for the rest of the year earning a NHL paycheck for the last month of the season on the expanded roster after the trade deadline.

The perks for Copp being ;
1) a 92 k signing bonus in march
2) a 2 nd 92 k signing bonus for yr 2 of his ELC in July
3) a NHL paycheck for the last month of the season this year
4) practise and maybe play with NHL club at end of this season and hopefully playoffs
5) burn 1 st year of ELC getting him closer to bigger payday in NHL

Perks for Jets;

1) getting him signed. The Jets do not want to take chance of him playing his senior year and having him be able to go UFA in Aug of 2016 when he is done college. Losing one year of ELC is a small price to pay. Copp was drafted in 2013 but he went I undrafted in 2012 ..... So this is draft + 3 year..... He is ready not anything left for him to learn I college hockey.

Hopefully the guaranteed aprox $300 k in $ btw march and July and the burning of 1 yr of ELC will persuade Copp to turn pro and not go back for his senior year of college.

That makes a lot of sense. What do you think the chances are he is our 4th line center next year?

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Probably destined for the AHL.

I do not see him playing in the Ahl this year as the Caps are not making the playoffsand would not be as good of an atmosphere for him to enter the pro ranks. Just like Trouba.....In March I see him hanging out on the Jet roster aclimitizing to the pro game on the Jets playoff taxi squad. Next year at training camp all bets are off and if he makes the team fine..... If not he is off to the Rock to develope.

This is just my prediction on how this will play out with Copp in March.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I do not see him playing in the Ahl this year as the Caps are not making the playoffsand would not be as good of an atmosphere for him to enter the pro ranks. Just like Trouba.....In March I see him hanging out on the Jet roster aclimitizing to the pro game on the Jets playoff taxi squad. Next year at training camp all bets are off and if he makes the team fine..... If not he is off to the Rock to develope.

Best case senerio ......... Would be the above happens and the Jets are secured a playoff spot early and he gets into some NHL games as we rest up some bumps in the 4 rwd ranks.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

I meant he is most likely going to play in St Johns next season, not this one. Assuming he leaves school.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: