Speculation: Holland & Columbus. Columbus & Holland. In it together. How? Why?

Who do you want to replace Holland as GM?

• Mark Hunter

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Brad Holland

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Keith Gretzky

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • A potato

Votes: 30 34.1%
  • *insert ex-Oiler player here*

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Other (you name him)

Votes: 25 28.4%

• Total voters

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Figured this deserved its own thread.
That’s pretty much the unofficial way of saying Holland won’t be back with the Oilers in any capacity, thank God.

He wound up being no better than Chiarelli failing to fill three major holes they needed filled when he took over. Bad contracts, cap hell, bad trades.

I’m not smart enough to figure out how to insert twitter posts I guess, so screenshots will have to do.
IMG_0512.jpeg

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Not really keen on Hunter either, though he's allegedly a good evaluator of draft talent (an area sorely lacking in this shite front office as it is currently). Is Tulsky someone with a big hand in drafting and developing? We need to start prepping for the inevitable departures / loss of the big two, and really start to get back into a proper drafting and development model. With all these big ticket players they need to offset that with young, hungry, motivated talent pushing up and forcing decisions. There is no way they can pay off the top guys and still fill out with quality middle 6 and top 4 D, especially in light of their horrific cap management.

Please not another nepotism hire, or OBC connection FFS. Someone shrewd and saavy when it comes to drafting and development, and a good negotiator when it comes to contracts.

ManOfSteelI

Nov 5, 2018
Someone smart who has balls. Eric Tulsky? I'm sure there's other options, but I don't know enough about them.

Definitely not Mark Hunter.

Reactions: Balakay14

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
My own experience says that in the world of executives (that I've worked for), loyalty is paper thin.

When you've banked the money and another good opportunity comes along then take it. The timing is merely what suits you and rarely takes into consideration the other stakeholders.

I'm 90% sure Holland is gone but Katz has last call ---and he likes his buddies.

Last edited:
Reactions: brentashton

NashtoNowitzki

Jan 8, 2019
Almost a quarter of our cap on Nurse, Campbell, and Brown. A bottom pairing defender, an AHL goalie, and a healthy-scratch 4 goal forward.

An unmitigated disaster by the franchise that continually has the worst GM in the league.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Holland was VASTLY better than Chiarelli.

However, that doesn't say much and overall he's been kinda below average.

If he knows he's out and negotiating with Columbus in the middle of the playoffs, I don't really mind. His work is done; at this point it's more up to Knoblauch to work with what's already been put together.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Holland was VASTLY better than Chiarelli.

However, that doesn't say much and overall he's been kinda below average.

If he knows he's out and negotiating with Columbus in the middle of the playoffs, I don't really mind. His work is done; at this point it's more up to Knoblauch to work with what's already been put together.
He is still a POS if he is interviewing with his team underachieving in the playoffs.

And if he did accept a meeting with Davidson in person in Edmonton, he should be shown the door now.

I truly believe he knew he was out before the deadline then didn't give a shit or work hard enough or was too bitter to care enough about upgrading the roster.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Tulsky and hire a potatoe as his Director of Scouting as a potatoe would be better than the shit we’ve brought to the table in the last decade.

Edit - oh and good f***ing riddance Holland. Trade us Jenner and we will send you McLoed and Nurse.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
I really don’t know who in particular but I’d want someone with a specialty in the defensive aspect of the game. This org has been atrocious defensively for as long as I can remember.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad